sharetrader
Page 55 of 207 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    TA is only one tool.Excellent though it is.
    I agree with you and would buy a company that is trading below the 200 day MA, should it announce a result or forecast that is better than expected.
    I also tend to sell if I don't like an announcement.regardless what the chart says.
    So using FA [good research] and TA you get things right 9 out of 10 times.
    Could you kindly recommend websites to learn more about TA for the newbies?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    Could you kindly recommend websites to learn more about TA for the newbies?
    You can google "Golden Cross" and "Death Cross" which should lead you to understanding TA more.I think you can even google moving averages.
    I have learnt the most however from tthree sharetrader posters,Hoop, KW, and former poster Phaedrus, who took time to help me when I first started posting on sharetrader..
    I can not find the thread, [hopefully some kind person will post the link] but it was by KW, and it was something like "using TA to time entry and exit points.]

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I can not find the thread, [hopefully some kind person will post the link] but it was by KW, and it was something like "using TA to time entry and exit points.]
    Percy, was this might be the thread you were looking for?: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ries-and-exits - if not still a great thread for those interested in TA.

First few pages of this thread interesting. We are still saying the same things

Been a few good times to hold ..like 150 to 350 .....and obviously times not to be in.

Maybe good example of buy and hold not always good but trading cyclical nature of such stocks is the way to go.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGekko View Post
    Percy, was this might be the thread you were looking for?: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ries-and-exits - if not still a great thread for those interested in TA.
    Thank you KiwiGekko,that is the thread.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    First few pages of this thread interesting. We are still saying the same things

Been a few good times to hold ..like 150 to 350 .....and obviously times not to be in.

Maybe good example of buy and hold not always good but trading cyclical nature of such stocks is the way to go.
    Yes I agree with you,businesses are often very fluid.Some are cyclical cycles,some are in the right place [sector] at the right time,some have new good managers,others change and get poor managers,yet good businesses well managed [thinking EBO, d MFT,and RYM] just keep delivering.I laugh at myself often,not buying or selling,just sitting,then a surprise announcement comes along and "the game is full on",again!
    I think the hardest thing is to judge a "good" company from a "bad" company,remembering a "good" business can had a "bad" year,and a "bad" business can have a "good" year.I guess it is measuring management against what they have achieved, compared with what they said they would achieve. We must be careful to avoid "The Gunnas" ie we gunna do this,we are gunna to that,but who never get there.! I usually find CEOs who use clear simple language out perform.
    Last edited by percy; 03-02-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Banned

You'd be talking about the likes of David Ware from Ttk aye Percy clear simple language is his style

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You'd be talking about the likes of David Ware from Ttk aye Percy clear simple language is his style
    No was not thinking of him!!
    Always an exception to any rule.!!! lol.

Banned

Morningstar went from ACCUMULATE to BUY on 16th January, then from BUY to ACCUMULATE on 20th January with a $3.20 price target, and today have gone from ACCUMULATE to BUY again with a $2.50 price target, perhaps they have a good resident meteorologist.

I suppose at least it is some good news for the staunch holders of Kathmandu even if it is just Morningstar, I do reckon they are an analyst that very rarely picks up the phone for a chat with CFO’s though.

It will be a few months before KMD even know where they are going through under new leadership, way too early for BUY ratings just yet IMO, time will come though.