sharetrader
Page 63 of 207 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

*Walk into Kathmandu, want a pair of shorts... no I don't want to pay ~$100. Cya, I'm off to one of the many other outdoor retailers for a lower price!

The end.

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    *Walk into Kathmandu, want a pair of shorts... no I don't want to pay ~$100. Cya, I'm off to one of the many other outdoor retailers for a lower price!

The end.
    You mean you managed to find a time slot without any big sale? Maybe they just had their annual stock take and forgot to put up the next "sale" posters. With Christmas, Boxing day, Waitangi day and end of season sale gone it must be now the Easter sell period. Lol. Nobody buys at Kathmandu unless products are at least 60% discounted ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You mean you managed to find a time slot without any big sale? Maybe they just had their annual stock take and forgot to put up the next "sale" posters. With Christmas, Boxing day, Waitangi day and end of season sale gone it must be now the Easter sell period. Lol. Nobody buys at Kathmandu unless products are at least 60% discounted ...
    Otherwise known as the Briscoes method of pricing. Seems to be working out better for them in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post
    Otherwise known as the Briscoes method of pricing. Seems to be working out better for them in recent times.
    It works for Briscoes because they basically invented the disingenuous sale pricing model and have a sale every Thursday and every weekend.
    If you're going to use this B.S. sale tactic and grossly inflated prices at other times, (A pricing model I detest), then you need to have really frequent sales and lots of advertising.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-03-2015 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You mean you managed to find a time slot without any big sale?...
    lol yeah... I went in during one of their sales, but the shorts were full-price unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    lol yeah... I went in during one of their sales, but the shorts were full-price unfortunately!
    Plenty of shorts on sale on website
    http://www.kathmandu.co.nz/mens/trousers/shorts.html

My inbox getting daily reminders of the Easter sale and special offers just for me. A bit of overkill really ......supoose a lot of their 1.2 million summit club members feel the same way

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Plenty of shorts on sale on website
    http://www.kathmandu.co.nz/mens/trousers/shorts.html

My inbox getting daily reminders of the Easter sale and special offers just for me. A bit of overkill really ......supoose a lot of their 1.2 million summit club members feel the same way
    Sounds like a very exclusive club with very special spam benifets
    I suspect the tens of thousands of people unemployed from restructuring in the mining, oil and gas sectors in Australian are now buying their shorts from Target and K Mart.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-03-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Despite my posts earlier I do not claim to be an expert in this company, as I have only bought this company due to it having good returns on operating capital and a strong earning yield over the last 12 months. However, there does not appear to be much logic or long-term outlook involved in analysing the recent announcements.

I think the reaction is much like a dairy shop owner running around with his paints down screaming, as a result of selling 15 bags of ships this month instead of the 20 packs he sold last month. Seems a little to emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by pennyacw View Post
    Despite my posts earlier I do not claim to be an expert in this company, as I have only bought this company due to it having good returns on operating capital and a strong earning yield over the last 12 months. However, there does not appear to be much logic or long-term outlook involved in analysing the recent announcements.

I think the reaction is much like a dairy shop owner running around with his paints down screaming, as a result of selling 15 bags of ships this month instead of the 20 packs he sold last month. Seems a little to emotional.
    But the period before the 20 packs of ships he sold 25 packs of ships and the period before that he sold 30 packs of ships and the period before that he sold 35 packs of ships

Get the picture - no wonder his pants are down.

To be fair the story with KMD is actually selling 1 more pack of ships when everybody thinks he should be selling 3 more packs of ships ..... but then again this morning the man on the radio said he was now selling less packs of ships than before. Ouch

(suppose you meant to say chips)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But the period before the 20 packs of ships he sold 25 packs of ships and the period before that he sold 30 packs of ships and the period before that he sold 35 packs of ships

Get the picture - no wonder his pants are down.

To be fair the story with KMD is actually selling 1 more pack of ships when everybody thinks he should be selling 3 more packs of ships ..... but then again this morning the man on the radio said he was now selling less packs of ships than before. Ouch

(suppose you meant to say chips)
    Classic Winner69.
    Life was so boring while you were away.!! lol.