sharetrader
Page 67 of 207 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Another small burden for Kathmandu:

Macpac's Easter sale is being advertised with some "Kathmandu-like" reductions!

...I went on a multi-day hike not so long ago with ~7 people. They all had Macpac backpacks.
    Coincidence?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    ...I went on a multi-day hike not so long ago with ~7 people. They all had Macpac backpacks.
    Coincidence?
    No, not coincidence. More likely that you seek out discerning companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    And in some cases only one of them stocks a certain brand - Is it Bunning's with Ryobi, cannot buy them anywhere else apart from Bunnings.
    MITRE 10 mega originally promoted we do have sales our prices are always low, now they have Bathroom events, garden events etc - a sale by any other name

Or the conditions are so complicated, it won't happen anyway, Brisoces have started this now, another who are always on sale, however the difference between them and KMD is they seem to be doing really well.
    Ryobi at Bunnings and not at M10 so no 'price beating' and consumers pay more than if there was competition. Mitre 10 hooked up with Black and Dekker so no 'price beating' and consumers pay more than they should.

But as long as shoppers reckon they getting lowest price and a good deal its all honky dory

The patchy weather today and forecast (and probably the Easter/Autumn sale) seems to have triggered a few Shortlanders to purchase Kathmandu goodies today.

Surely, I can't be the only one to think that KMD has an attractive P/E ratio and dividend payout. Yes, sales were down last year, but it was an unusually warm winter and made it difficult for retailers see WHS. One hopes for a harsh winter.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    Surely, I can't be the only one to think that KMD has an attractive P/E ratio and dividend payout. Yes, sales were down last year, but it was an unusually warm winter and made it difficult for retailers see WHS. One hopes for a harsh winter.
    I can only assume the market believes that the P/E ratio will decline, but yes you're right it does look attractive at the moment.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/who-mig...du-cs-p-170853

"Analysts have flagged that Kathmandu’s rapid share price fall after results were released last week could trigger takeover interest "

Any guesses as to who might be involved with the recent large off-market transactions?

When I read the first paragraph I thought how the gods are conspiring against KMD again with a warm autumn. El Nino last thing they needed

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6760...-likely-for-nz

But it's all honky dory ...later on it said 'Looking ahead to the winter months, el nino typically brings "more intense and more frequent southerlies and that will bring more colder conditions"

Yippee
    Last edited by winner69; 03-04-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/who-mig...du-cs-p-170853

"Analysts have flagged that Kathmandu’s rapid share price fall after results were released last week could trigger takeover interest "

Any guesses as to who might be involved with the recent large off-market transactions?
    April fools joke ? Still trading on quite demanding multiples given the circumstances. Brokers seem to be picking about $17m earnings for them for the current year, (I'd be very surprised if they make that much), putting a retail stock with a chequered history on mid teens PE. Yeah right, really compelling value there...
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-04-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    When I read the first paragraph I thought how the gods are conspiring against KMD again with a warm autumn.
    How is it they've not managed to engage clients in buying every season? In winter you sell them jackets, hats and gloves then when summer comes shorts, t-shirts and canvas shoes.

I'll be a watcher until there is some evidence they are likely to turn the situation around.

Less risky investments around in my opinion. Not a sector i'd want to be in either.

The dividend yield is a bad way to look at this company as if it is fully paid this year, they are effectively borrowing to pay the dividend.
    Future earnings outlook looks shady as well.

New CEO looks promising.
    Looking back over the last few years operating costs have spiked quite often, so managements control over costs is the issue here.
    It all depends on whether this year is a one off and whether the company can turn around.
    They need to focus less on rolling out stores everywhere and more on getting those margins back up.

The rising debt is also a concern, don't want to see another pumpkin patch here.
    Not a recommendation or advice.