sharetrader
Page 68 of 207 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

This weather won't be doing KMD's NZ stores any harm me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddarcy View Post
    I popped into my local KMD yesterday, it was rather busy and seen multiple sales take place in just a few mins. Mac Pac across the road looked suprisingly empty.

Would be interesting to know what the vibe of KMD stores is like in other areas if anyone else has paid a visit?

No it won't and neither will the fact that T.V. one's field operation staff reporting on the weather from out in the cold always seem to be kitted up in Kathmandu gear....but to be honest I think this stock needs all the help it can get and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    No it won't and neither will the fact that T.V. one's field operation staff reporting on the weather from out in the cold always seem to be kitted up in Kathmandu gear....but to be honest I think this stock needs all the help it can get and then some.

Agree. Will dup everything, once the stock bounces back a bit. This will be another PPL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    I popped into my local KMD yesterday, it was rather busy and seen multiple sales take place in just a few mins. Mac Pac across the road looked suprisingly empty.

Would be interesting to know what the vibe of KMD stores is like in other areas if anyone else has paid a visit?
    There were a couple of people outside my nearest store at 9 this morning .....that's good for KMD I thought seeing it was probably minus something in the wind

Turned out they were staff ...........waiting for the manager to turn up

When I went past ten minutes later the store was open but no customers.

Banned

The first snow is on the port hills in Christchurch today, quite a big dump it was too;

I counted a total of only 4 customers in the Tower Junction Kathmandu this morning including myself, but there is just so much competition now.

Within 50m of that Kathmandu shop there is also a Bivouac, a MacPac, a Torpedeo 7 and a High Country.

After looking through them all and being a bit blinded for choice, I ended up buying what we were after, hiking boots for my daughter, from High Country.

On a positive note though, the friendly sales women at the Kathmandu tried to sign me up for the summit club for just $8, which is lower than I thought it was, it used to be $100 if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    The first snow is on the port hills in Christchurch today, quite a big dump it was too;

I counted a total of only 4 customers in the Tower Junction Kathmandu this morning including myself, but there is just so much competition now.

Within 50m of that Kathmandu shop there is also a Bivouac, a MacPac, a Torpedeo 7 and a High Country.After looking through them all and being a bit blinded for choice, I ended up buying what we were after, hiking boots for my daughter, from High Country.

On a positive note though, the friendly sales women at the Kathmandu tried to sign me up for the summit club for just $8, which is lower than I thought it was, it used to be $100 if I recall.
    WOW !! Factor in the prolific growth of online sales and our ability to buy from overseas GST free, (not sure for how much longer) and that's the problem for KMD right there. Well not quite.
    Fishing Camping and Outdoors are still having their closing down sale for their 13 north island branches with prices which really are on sale, not faux sale prices like elsewhere.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-04-2015 at 01:00 PM.

News release from the Aussie Met Service, predicting that winter will be warmer but wetter than 'normal'.

Warmer = Bad but Wetter = Good.... so fairly neutral looking to me

http://media.bom.gov.au/releases/157...o-more-likely/

Banned

News release from the Aussie Met Service, predicting that winter will be warmer but wetter than 'normal'.

Warmer = Bad but Wetter = Good.... so fairly neutral looking to me

http://media.bom.gov.au/releases/157...o-more-likely/
    Warmer in Aussie also equals good as less snow over there will force more Aussies this way on all those extra flights provided by Air NZ and of course they will need all that high quality Kathmandu gear purchased in Aussie before they arrive aye

This feels like a stock that is trying to rise, but it being held back by a seller (presumably just one) who every day or so drops a 100k share parcel on it.

Another one first thing this morning.