sharetrader
Page 89 of 207 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Gee, KMD up 10% today

Surely not on Helen's words I thought

No the share price had already gone up ...in Aust share price went down after the announcement

Wonder if Rod has worked out what it means yet, I have offered my services to him.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Gee, KMD up 10% today

Surely not on Helen's words I thought

No the share price had already gone up ...in Aust share price went down after the announcement

Wonder if Rod has worked out what it means yet, I have offered my services to him.
    Sorry w69, I think he already has when he said in the Herald back in early August:
    "We believe that Kathmandu is a great brand and has good products, but by its own admission is failing to execute basic retailing fundamentals.

"Nothing in Kathmandu's Target Company Statement provides confidence that management is able to deliver a turnaround and achieve its lofty earnings forecasts."

"By Kathmandu's own admission in the target company statement, its key failings relate to the fundamentals of retailing, including confusing pricing decisions and repetition of non-innovative promotional activities over key promotional periods in FY15, poor inventory management and operating cost overruns.

"It is these key pillars of effective retailing which are Briscoe Group's strengths and a key contributor to its strong performance over a number of years."

Banned

Gee this thread looks like its heading down the Peb route, full of knockers/downrampers and non holders, another waste of space coming.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Gee this thread looks like its heading down the Peb route, full of knockers/downrampers and non holders, another waste of space coming.
    C'mon now couta - I am an interested party in all this

Even you would have to say that was a stunning announcement and worthy of discussion

Good that jmsnz did the right things and asked for a translation in a new thread. That might have been a waste of space on this thread (but worthy of its own for educational purposes)
    Last edited by winner69; 26-08-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Couta1,

I assume that was aimed at my posting. I don't really know what the 'Peb Route' means. I am not a holder in KMD and never have been because I have always translated their pricing model as 'don't buy today, it will be cheaper tomorrow'. I am however a holder in BGR and therefore very interested in KMD and what its shareholders views are, given the recent events.

Regardless, in terms of the elegant and concise use of the English language, that KMD announcement was dreadful.

In the absence of any SSH notices I assume hardly anybody has sent the forms back (accepted the offer)

Rod, they are rejecting you. Come next week you need to stir things up a bit

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Indeed, Rod needs to front up now. There is limited chance KMD will initiate of their own accord. He can always extend but then he runs the risk of the sp getting away on him.
    Mind you, given his sneak offer he could announce soon he has the instos sorted and could you get out of that chair please Dave......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmsnz View Post
    Couta1,

I assume that was aimed at my posting. I don't really know what the 'Peb Route' means. I am not a holder in KMD and never have been because I have always translated their pricing model as 'don't buy today, it will be cheaper tomorrow'. I am however a holder in BGR and therefore very interested in KMD and what its shareholders views are, given the recent events.

Regardless, in terms of the elegant and concise use of the English language, that KMD announcement was dreadful.
    No not aimed at you specifically, more a general comment highlighting the fact that most of the posts on this thread are now from the type of people mentioned in my above post as the holders have all said pretty much all they have to say and believe the company will come right under its own steam without the help of Mr Duke. The Peb route is simply when most/all the valuable contributers stop posting and the thread basically becomes a Trolling outlet full of negativity.

Veteran novice

I'm not a KMD shareholder either but I do have a decent stake in Briscoes and therefore more than mildly interested in this takeover offer and the way it plays out. I suppose that makes me a troll by some definitions!

I'm sure there will be plenty to comment on as this situation develops. I guess we'll just have to wear the "Kathmandu troll" label!

Banned

No macduffy your posts are definately Not in the T category, its all about attitude and motives at the end of the day