sharetrader
Page 49 of 206 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Oh dear .....H1 looks like a loss situation

Bloody dry hot weather .....normalised profits allowing for weather would have been quite high.
    Last edited by winner69; 02-02-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Guru

I'm not sure 'disappointing' is the right word. My guess is that KMD will be going on sale today - 20 - 30% off. A further sale of 10-30% off already discounted prices will start tomorrow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    A whole lot more panic merchants reacting to what we already basically knew Disc-Holding not selling

My gut feel says its too risky to try and catch a falling knife. With profit uncertainty hanging over the company and no further planned company updates forthcoming till February the risk appears to remain to the downside notwithstanding its more than halved in value from $3.90 in May 2014. I think it will be a buy at some stage but could test early 2012 lows at around $1.50 in the meantime. On a risk reward basis I don't see any harm in waiting till its broken back through on the upside of the 100 day MA, whenever that might be... Roger 16 January
    Thank God for gut feel.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post

Another thing to remember is that downgrades usually come in threes. Two more to go.

Cheers,
    noodles
    Only one more downgrade to go now.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A whole lot more panic merchants reacting to what we already basically knew Disc-Holding not selling
    With respect mate I don't think anyone knew for sure whether we'd be talking about a loss situation for the first half, I had my suspicions, see above post.
    Good gear but quite over-priced and very vulnerable to the ongoing groundswell of buying stuff on the internet. Also unless brand names offer quality and fair value I think customers are drifting more towards value products.

Don't think they ever lost money before.

On line sales are awfully discounted as well .....seems more a ongoing clearance sale

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

On line sales are awfully discounted as well .....seems more a ongoing clearance sale
    Goes to show mother nature holds all the trump cards we need a nasty winter to get things back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Interesting commentary around gross margin's which appear to be under serious pressure...at a time when the Aussie and Kiwi dollars were quite strong ???. Both currencies have had a meaningful correction thus far in 2015 which won't help KMD with their margin going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Goes to show mother nature holds all the trump cards we need a nasty winter to get things back on track.
    What if it is nothing to do with the weather, and more to do with the damage they have done to the brand by always having massive 50% off sales. I don't rate their gear at all, and never buy for myself if the purchase is something I will use longterm. Have been buying quality gear online via the US, and shipping via youshop when the retailer wont ship directly. I only buy Kathmandu stuff for the kids as they will grow out of it quickly.