sharetrader
Page 129 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2057

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

The more I see the shareprice get hammered and the P/E contracting the mote I’m expecting Rod Duke to swoop in with a great takeover

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    The more I see the shareprice get hammered and the P/E contracting the mote I’m expecting Rod Duke to swoop in with a great takeover
    Market didn’t like today’s announcement and share price continues to tumble

Jeez at 144 it’s nearly 60% down from a couple of months ago.

That’s quite a lot.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

"There has been a recent significant reduction in footfall in Australian and New Zealand stores."
    Footfall? This is the type of thing that really annoys me. Foot traffic used to be bad enough. I want to be known as a customer-not just a pair of feet-clumping about the shop.
    Last week when I visited a Kathmandu store I must admit there wasn't much footfalling going on.....
    It was a Monday though.
    Some good bargains too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    "There has been a recent significant reduction in footfall in Australian and New Zealand stores."
    Footfall? This is the type of thing that really annoys me. Foot traffic used to be bad enough. I want to be known as a customer-not just a pair of feet-clumping about the shop.
    Last week when I visited a Kathmandu store I must admit there wasn't much footfalling going on.....
    It was a Monday though.
    Some good bargains too.
    Xavier loves buzz words ...even though it’s a recognised term in retail ....awful but somebody invented it

Remember when ‘eye balls’ was the big thing in the dot com days.
    Last edited by winner69; 18-03-2020 at 05:21 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I also hate being a punter or a bum on seat (as opposed to a bum on a seat...…).

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Market didn’t like today’s announcement and share price continues to tumble

Jeez at 144 it’s nearly 60% down from a couple of months ago.

That’s quite a lot.
    perfect opportunity for duke.

would love to see him roll up his sleeves and get to work on Kathmandu. Xavier a careerist, doesn’t have an owner mentality and falls prey to institutional imperative.

The Kid

Kathmandu cutting costs. Smiths City in trading halt and in talks with ASB.

As expected, retail feeling the pains.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/120630538/retailer-smiths-city-in-trading-halt-in-talks-with-asb

Considering their product portfolio (aligned with travel & adventure) IMHO Kathmandu is in a poorer position than other retail to dig themselves back out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Considering their product portfolio (aligned with travel & adventure) IMHO Kathmandu is in a poorer position than other retail to dig themselves back out of this.
    I was thinking the opposite. With the borders shut for months, the only thing that kiwis will be able to do is camping and tramping. But certainly a very risky time for them, especially with having just bought Rip Curl.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I was thinking the opposite. With the borders shut for months, the only thing that kiwis will be able to do is camping and tramping. But certainly a very risky time for them, especially with having just bought Rip Curl.
    Dollar has climbed up a little from its low's but won't be helping them either. China starting to get back on line with factories/production - but not much good if stores are closed and can't ship online orders.....