sharetrader
Page 142 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2057

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Guru

if KMD can its a chance to put others under pressure and surely a price war cant be far away on the retail front.. who will blick first. Personally im waiting for the news on the travel sector which is where you really want to have some good listening equipment down the pipes.....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EBITDA View Post
    I haven't read anything on restructuring yet but you're right, definitely need to follow that very closely.

Only other interesting recent news I've read related to KMD was insider disclosures, 3 directors and CEO bought quite substantially last week. CFO had a small addition. But the were fairly major buy-ins by the other 4 execs I am finding very interesting and am hopefully not being naive on that one.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/352408
    I should imagine they may have inherited some 'excesses' in recently acquired businesses, needing the fat & inefficiencies trimmed..

What was the position of those acquired businesses ?

For what it's worth if SCY & WHS are restructuring things & shedding staff / trimming excesses & non performing bits off - then KMD with it's large Retail footprint may well be in a similar boat to a degree, but with the newly acquired retail bits etc thrown in for extra work required ..
    Last edited by nztx; 06-05-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    if KMD can its a chance to put others under pressure and surely a price war cant be far away on the retail front.. who will blick first. Personally im waiting for the news on the travel sector which is where you really want to have some good listening equipment down the pipes.....
    how about the 'if the potential customers are there, interested, ready or not distracted by issues elsewhere' ?

Guru

Well nztx, i have to say that i have been surprised at the fearless buying of all stocks by the general public investor and or the INSTOS. If anyone whatch MR Buffets recent comments you might have seen him say his company had not been buying. If i had realised the share fearless nature of the NZ investor i would have applied for every dollar of KMD rights i could buy not just my small allocation since im always selling KMD TA.. It appear that the majority of the shareholders have not yet any intention to sell down in a hurry as i expected.. Im now hoping that the numbers in july august will indeed cuase a modest sell off back to the 70's. But im not holding me breath... The market did not even sell off to the levels it prehaps should have since the FED has basically underwritten the rest of the year....I will have to keep an eye on my local KMD shop once or twice a week.. I learnt trading the banks you really do need to talk the staff and if possible get some communciation laid into the pipes...

hi, im just wondering, why is KMD's NTA -13.27c according to directbroking. Can someone help me understand why they are negative please? Thanks!

I looked at that a while ago, from what I recall Ripcurls iventory position was just as bad at KMD

Quote Originally Posted by 2mac View Post
    hi, im just wondering, why is KMD's NTA -13.27c according to directbroking. Can someone help me understand why they are negative please? Thanks!
    They have got $635m of intangibles....mainly goodwill from the acquisitions they've made

Not counted in NTA
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I dont see why this is on a tear following a "Surge in online sales "

Ripcurls online is 6.5% of total while Kathmandu is 11.1%. With "online sales were 2.5 to 3 times higher" this is still a major drop in revenue.

Disc, I feel inclined to short.

Yeah, I find the current price mystifying. Perhaps too many investors who love the brand but unable to interpret financial statements.

Same, i was very tempted to buy but it just doesnt make sense for me with the sudden surge. maybe people are just being optimistic that we are now entering level 2.