sharetrader
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384
Results 1,246 to 1,250 of 1250

Thread: Kathmandu IPO

Yep beagle Kathmandu almost a non-event in NZ .....flat sales last 4 years and declining profits. This is in spite of a few more stores and this much touted increase in online sales.

Kathmandu sell twice as much (plus a bit) in Aussie than they do in NZ. All the recent profit growth has come from Australia.

An investment in Kathmandu is essentially an investment in Australia retail ....that’s where Kathmandu fortunes lie and the recent announcement announcement said that wasn’t going too well at the moment.
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Second that with Mountain Warehouse - looked like great bang for your buck. Won't get as many tourists in there store at Five Mile Frankton, as Katmandu in Central Queenstown, but located just by Kmart so will get plenty of locals going past.
    Mountain warehouse have a great well located store in central Queenstown too.
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep beagle Kathmandu almost a non-event in NZ .....flat sales last 4 years and declining profits. This is in spite of a few more stores and this much touted increase in online sales.

Kathmandu sell twice as much (plus a bit) in Aussie than they do in NZ. All the recent profit growth has come from Australia.

An investment in Kathmandu is essentially an investment in Australia retail ....that’s where Kathmandu fortunes lie and the recent announcement announcement said that wasn’t going too well at the moment.
    Wonder if the collapsing house prices in Australia are starting to make a serious dent in consumer confidence yet or are they about too ?
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Stuff I’ve bought from Mountain Warehouse in the UK has been crap .....wouldn’t want to go up the mountains in their gear.

Still a nuisance to KThmandu though

Nice store in Gretna Green though
    Last edited by winner69; 13-01-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

The past 12 months, I've spent about $750 at Kathmandu. Doing whatever I can to help boost Kathmandu profits.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    The past 12 months, I've spent about $750 at Kathmandu. Doing whatever I can to help boost Kathmandu profits.
    Good onya. Sorry folks. I pumped a grand into Macpacs coffers instead.