sharetrader
Page 29 of 206 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Go down to your local mall and ask any retailer what their sales are this year compared to last year over the last 3 or 4 weeks.Top retailer may be down 10% while others could be down over 30 to 40%.
    retailers have huge leverage with on going liability of rents,usually set when turnover was a lot higher.With ratchett clauses no relief there.you will note a lot are having sales just to buy a months credit.In the book trade there is a huge problem with largest retailer trying to take supplier terms from 30 days to 60 days.Book publishers,and book trade very concerned.You will note Leemings trying to get themselves a months extra credit by offer 20% disc on all white wear.I just brought a pair of Rockford shoes{made just north of Auckland,in China] were $265. In the end I paid $ 89.90.Unemployment on the raise,electricity prices,food prices,GST, all increasing.Retail is not the place for an astute investor at present.
    Very interesting article in today's NZ Herald "Proof of debt in payment";A North Shore cabling company is stunned to learn it may have to repay $37,000 it earned last year because it should have known the firm it did work for was insolvent.I do not think I would be happy being a retail supplier in some areas today.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    Observation mistake. I better get new glasses. KMD store at Macquarie is still there. I don't know how their 70% off sale was going but they had some customers. Wife still wont let me buy their shares. Thanks honey darl.
    Would you please advise us what shares your wise wife holds?

ow the market has digested a lot of recent earnings announcements from retailers I think that many (or at least those that make markets move) have realised that KMD is a brillant company with a very profitable business model

My prediction is that KMD shareprice will outperform the likes of BGR, PPL, MHI etc over the next year .... watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ow the market has digested a lot of recent earnings announcements from retailers I think that many (or at least those that make markets move) have realised that KMD is a brillant company with a very profitable business model

My prediction is that KMD shareprice will outperform the likes of BGR, PPL, MHI etc over the next year .... watch this space
    What multiples is KMD trading at?

I am not a sh, but keeping an eye on it.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    What multiples is KMD trading at?

I am not a sh, but keeping an eye on it.
    Dr - about 6 times this years EBIT and an estimated PE of around 14-15 (to be confirmed) when result out

Shareprice still about where it dropped to after the announcement so looks like all the damage has been done .... and other retailers like BGR haven't gone anywhere in August either

retail will come out of the doldrums soon and I still believe that KMD will be one of the better bets

A great company, great managed and massive margins and a growth startegy for the nextfew years to keep things pumping

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Dr - about 6 times this years EBIT and an estimated PE of around 14-15 (to be confirmed) when result out

Shareprice still about where it dropped to after the announcement so looks like all the damage has been done .... and other retailers like BGR haven't gone anywhere in August either

retail will come out of the doldrums soon and I still believe that KMD will be one of the better bets

A great company, great managed and massive margins and a growth startegy for the nextfew years to keep things pumping
    Massive margins alright. When I was involved with Briscoes I thought they were bad. KMD has products that they sell for $399 disc to $199 and then even $99 they are still more than doubling their money.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Onthemoney View Post
    Massive margins alright. When I was involved with Briscoes I thought they were bad. KMD has products that they sell for $399 disc to $199 and then even $99 they are still more than doubling their money.
    The good retailers make sure they keep their customers,by selling good products at fair prices.It is called reputation,brand loyalty,honest reliabitliy.When looking to buy a retail stock,think if you want to keep dealing with someone who sells you something for $200, and next day it is in their mailer for $100.The Aussie election is not good for retail.Rising unemployment is not good for retail.SCF problems not good for South Island business.Empty shops is not good for retail.The upturn is not insight.
    Last edited by percy; 30-08-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I would wait until they are below $1.20 if you were buying them.The way they are dropping you may get them at $1.00.Then again you may be able to pig out at 95cents.The trend is down and will continue.
    Recovered all the lost ground post the announcement re the slightly reduced margins

Still believe one of the better retailers to hold over the next year or so .... prob outperform the others on the NZX like BRG etc

So Kathmandu drops 11% yesterday on ... no news? Can someone enlighten me as to what happened?

cheers
    Greg

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gregrday View Post
    So Kathmandu drops 11% yesterday on ... no news? Can someone enlighten me as to what happened?
    Kathmandu drops its prices 50% every other week. Maybe it is related?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk