sharetrader
Page 34 of 206 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Noticed that for the last few days the share price of KMD is not only rising soon after (7c) ex dividend date but also on increased volume.
    Direct broking shows on their site that large volumes (so far today all) are international trades.

I am wondering about a couple of things.

1st - International trades would that include Aus?

2e - Anybody cares to speculate what is going on if anything?

Disc Bought some for my trading portfolio in August and enjoying this one so far.

So KMD have a touch of the retail blues as well .... joining the growing list of patients

Sudden drop in fortunes means EBITDA for H1 less than last year ..... after saying on Nov 18th things were pretty honky dory ..... suggests that H2 will be pretty tough as well ..... so the $39m NPAT last year is not going to be this years number

Even at $35m a price of 210 is pretty rich ........ maybe under $2 soon ... after all they did say that to combat the poor market conditions they were going to ahve more promotional activity .... prob didn't think they would the shares in the sale though

Sale started in aussie .... you don't upset aussies just before xmas when they have been burnt by BBG and JBH already this week

Jeez 123 in oz = 164 odd in NZ ..... hope NZers got out before the oz market opened

Even 165 is a PE more than 10 .... with growth maybe about right ... those aussies are pretty good at calculating what a share is really worth eh .... can't beat a clever aussie

percy

With Xmas trading being hard,most retailers are in for another long difficult year.Retail is still not the place to be.
    I wonder how online sales are going at present.?

...at times its great to reflect on the posts made near the IPO....what amazes me is that folk in NZ are faced with this dilemma.....Stop spending...Stop...its either Mr Hickey or what ever....so that then is a clear message...next are confronted with front pages indicating that "the retail area" are in the death zone...re slow sales.....what to do ??????.....its my belief that if more folk were to travel and view how most of humanity live...like i was in Cuba a few weeks back...they live on 25-30 NZ dollars a week...

...when we in NZ need to review shopping in malls as a form of entertainment/family bonding...things may change...do we all remember when that new shopping mall opened in Auckland...IT CREATED TRAFFIC jams...yes it was/is true...

Super Investor

Costco recently opened a new store in Sydney that caused? You guessed it traffic jams.

40 hour Xmas shopping marathon starts in Sydney.

Long live retail.
    h2

There are now 4 outdoor clothing/travel/adventure shops in downtown Tauranga (hardly a thriving shopping district as Tauranga is over malled), Bivouc Outdoor, Macpac, Mountain Designs and Kathmandu along with the area's original sports and hunting stores.

So while this retail segment has obviously been relatively high growth in the last few years, as what always happens in a competitive market, plenty of competition has emerged to meet the demand. Without new market's Kathmandu's best days are behind it.

Hi folks,
    I dont post much in the NZ thread, however surprised to not see a thread in the ASX section.

Thought I would throw you all up a quick chart showing yesterdays whooping as follows:

KMD daily and weekly
    > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/d...l_Katmandu.png

Support technically appears at $1.19 yet today $1.23 held the fort quite nicely even though such a huge fall or gap down.

Also should the 1.19 level happen to break, then for whatever reason the $1.00 level becomes a bit of a psychological target for whatever reason while the market move with the madness we can find ourselves dealing with however it also still a time to be cautious imo.

Take care traders and holders, and good luck for any long term holders as you will need it, and I hope truly that a bounce come for you to ease any significant losses if any.

Cheers~!
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Well, at present it appears I am wrong, as there is a bit of a xmas bounce, although not a huge trading day but upward movement nonetheless.
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Guru

I see AMP sold a big chunk recently. Did they get out before the drop? Did they know something the market didn't know or where they just lucky?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...thmandu-shares
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk