sharetrader
Page 43 of 207 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Bloody hell - down 25% or so

The word hadn't got out - Fishers/ Milford/Super Fund buying up over the last week or so by the looks of it.

Easy peasy playing with other peoples money eh

I am interested in next day or two

Be careful mate. The outlook for consumer confidence with the crisis in the mining and oil sector doesn't look good. I'd expect demand for "brand name" clothing to be very weak in the foreseeable future in Australia as consumers switch to more value based clothing. I don't think many dairy farmers will be updating their wardrobe this year either.
    The other thing is look at where the Kiwi - Aussie cross rate is, over 95 cents !! Is 2015 the year when we get up to par with the Aussie and what effect on $N.Z. earnings ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-12-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Guru

Default An example to newbies ..Even the "smart" oufits lose fingers investing in downtrends

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bloody hell - down 25% or so

The word hadn't got out - Fishers/ Milford/Super Fund buying up over the last week or so by the looks of it.

Easy peasy playing with other peoples money eh

I am interested in next day or two
    Large investor outfits buying up Winner??....The word didn't need to go out ...just shows investor arrogance,,,eh?? .....buying into a down trending stock thinking they are bomb proof..
    KMD triggered a sell when the technicals broke down at the beginning of June....Since then the multiple fails at resistance conjunction points causing this downtrend would keep a medium - long term investor out from this stock...Multiple fail points create very strong sell warnings..

The chart below is up to last Friday....so today's sudden 20% fall to currently 222c comes as no surprise to this Chartist as I know downtrending stocks always have a tendency to disappoint..

Seems to have turned to custard since David Kirk took over as Chairman

Good guy that David ... but some things he touches turns to custard

Cant blame David for Aussies not buying Kathmandu stuff

Good post Hoop, I agree 100%. I couldn't help notice the similarities between Pumpkin Patch and Kathmandu this year. Both in a clear downtrend, both lost circa 50% of their value since about May 2014 and both selling brand name clothing. Coincidence or a sign of the times that people are starting to question whether brand name clothing is worth the premium against a wide range of cheaper alternatives ? Effects of online buying continuing to grow too I reckon.
    I looked up Kathmandu on Reuters and notwithstanding the clear downtrend and declining EPS last year it's well favoured by quite a range of analysts (10 analysts covering it) and consensus rating is overweight....go figure ?
    Looks like professional investors have really got themselves tripped up on this one.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-12-2014 at 03:27 PM.

This Aussie retail guru thinks Kathmandu lost the plot (my interpretation of his words). Same as same as nothing special positioned as a discounter with too much competition

Beginning of a long spiral down eh Roger

kathmandu-shares-take-a-20-per-cent-drop-following-profit-warning-20141222-12c763

Hoops been on this thread and posted a chart - things don't fit on the page width wise now

Something only Hoop does to my stupid laptop

Anybody else suffer this

percy

Hoops been on this thread and posted a chart - things don't fit on the page width wise now

Anybody else suffer this
    Yes,and with All Ords Index on ASX Forum.

This Aussie retail guru thinks Kathmandu lost the plot (my interpretation of his words). Same as same as nothing special positioned as a discounter with too much competition

Beginning of a long spiral down eh Roger

kathmandu-shares-take-a-20-per-cent-drop-following-profit-warning-20141222-12c763
    As Hoop noted its been in a clear downtrend for many months now. Classic case of waiting for it to make a clear break through on a 100 day MA to the upside before buying. That'll happen one day and it won't be anytime soon that's for sure but to be honest I'm not into retail clothing stocks. Weather too warm, not warm enough, too wet, not wet enough...there always seems to be a ready excuse they always seem to have at hand ready to trot out.
    What they should say is we will make XYZ forecast if we have perfectly predicted weather appropriate for each season all year round, stable economic conditions and low interest rates i.e. they make good money when all the planets are in perfect alignment. The weather almost always disappoints...17 years as a boat owner tells me that.

Guru

Anybody else suffer this
    Hmmm...first time I've heard of this.......In the past I've sized it so its slightly less wide than the forum page boundary...Its fitting OK on my PC screen...How much oversize is it Winner?
    I'll fiddle around with the width settings tonight and replace the chart and see what happens.....

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes,and with All Ords Index on ASX Forum.
    I'll plead "not guilty" on the Aords thread...Those oversize post sizes on the page are created after Trackers posts his MSI/Stol charts.