sharetrader
Page 51 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radley_(company)

Hard to get a handle on how well he's done with his most recent appointment with Radley in London as it appears to be owned by private equity and he was only appointed in March 2013.
    I guess his experience at getting product into European distribution channels can't hurt ?

It's going to break $1.5 NZD soon,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwind View Post
    It's going to break $1.5 NZD soon,
    $1.50 doesn't stand a chance with the stock being dual-listed and therefore able to be shorted. One will follow the other in lock-step, and the ASX listing is the one to follow. The $1.25-$1.30 range should provide support (at least short-term) for a double-bottom dating back 3 years. That update is very ugly and follows closely on the heels of the one from December.

Couta, suggest you take another look at it and reconsider holding while you still can. I rate this NGVB (Not Good Very Bad!) on the beauty scale!

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    $1.50 doesn't stand a chance with the stock being dual-listed and therefore able to be shorted. One will follow the other in lock-step, and the ASX listing is the one to follow. The $1.25-$1.30 range should provide support (at least short-term) for a double-bottom dating back 3 years. That update is very ugly and follows closely on the heels of the one from December.

Couta, suggest you take another look at it and reconsider holding while you still can. I rate this NGVB (Not Good Very Bad!) on the beauty scale!
    Not all ASX listed stocks can be shorted. However, KMD is one of them that can be. http://www.asx.com.au/data/shortsell.txt
    It will be interesting to see if the short volume increases from the current 246,005
    Couta, how is it you can pick all the stocks to be downgraded? Perhaps you need to take a step back and look at your strategy.
    Unlike BFG, I'm not going to give advice on what to do with your KMD shares.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

No boucey bounce for the dying cat then

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    No boucey bounce for the dying cat then
    I'd target $1.30 area if I was doing so. Going to be extremely oversold (and perhaps overdone) at that level. May be primed for a cyclical reversal late in the year if they can get their act together?

I'd target $1.30 area if I was doing so. Going to be extremely oversold (and perhaps overdone) at that level. May be primed for a cyclical reversal late in the year if they can get their act together?
    That's a big "IF". As predicted in mid January we are well and truly testing that $1.50 2012 low now. Thing is I think this company with the majority of its stores in Australia has built their business model on upper end pricing to comfortably well off people with high disposable income. We know from various economic studies that traditionally Australians have enjoyed some of the very highest living standards in the world. As we can see with tougher times facing Australians, (N.Z. stores have performed reasonably well) it doesn't take much for customers quality and value expectations to shift. Putting my headlights on full beam if we see continued tough economic conditions in Australia, (really the mining, oil and gas pull-back could easily be argued to be in its early stage), and consumers fearing for their jobs and / or seeing contracting real estate prices and I reckon it's not much of a stretch to figure that there could be quite a significant change in customer focus towards more value brands and / or deferring of discretionary spending on adventure / outdoor / clothing type products Kathmandu sells in which case $1.30 might not be the bargain it might otherwise appear to be Retail sure is a tough gig, that's for sure !!!!

On the chart there was a DEATH CROSS at $3.50 mid 2014

KMD a perfect example of trading the big trends (Mr P loved those stocks) - like 150 odd to 400 and then selling on the DEATH CROSS at 350 and staying out until the big trend changes .... and heaven knows when that will be

I reckon DEATH CROSSes are great

Banned

$1.50 didn't hold and ended the day on lows (MASSIVE red candle = another day of selling ahead, more than likely). The ASX is still selling off below $1.40 and volume is very high. I suspect all the ANZ customers who boosted KMD to #1 buy 4 weeks ago and #10 last week are not very happy holders right now and will be fueling this fire!

NGVB!

Attachment 6729

One thing is certain: whenever BFG and Roger come together on a thread, on a stock they don't own, it's never a sign that the stock is in an upward trend