sharetrader
Page 52 of 207 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    On the chart there was a DEATH CROSS at $3.50 mid 2014

KMD a perfect example of trading the big trends (Mr P loved those stocks) - like 150 odd to 400 and then selling on the DEATH CROSS at 350 and staying out until the big trend changes .... and heaven knows when that will be

I reckon DEATH CROSSes are great
    You've been watching too much star wars there winner oh but that was a DEATH STAR, never mind close enough. Hindsight is always easy and wouldn't life be simple if we we stop every bad thing from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You've been watching too much star wars there winner oh but that was a DEATH STAR, never mind close enough. Hindsight is always easy and wouldn't life be simple if we we stop every bad thing from happening.
    I once heard a great cliche, and in Couta's case it is perfect. " Everything I touch turns to sold". Describes Couta's investments perfectly.

Not picking on you Couta1, you're a mate and a good bloke...I'm just trying to help you build your understanding http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/deathcross.asp

Edited in reponse to subsequent "unfortunate" comment directly above. In Couta1's defence he's doing extremely well indeed with his shareholdings in GNE and AIR both of which I also have solid shareholdings in.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-02-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    On the chart there was a DEATH CROSS at $3.50 mid 2014

KMD a perfect example of trading the big trends (Mr P loved those stocks) - like 150 odd to 400 and then selling on the DEATH CROSS at 350 and staying out until the big trend changes .... and heaven knows when that will be

I reckon DEATH CROSSes are great
    Yes, and easy to use as well, for timing long-holds/exits. See this for example, when the actual price is taken out and only the 50/200 SMA's are shown, the crosses are the trades. It does help to have confirmations, but otherwise pretty simple really isn't it. It makes 'buy and hold in spite of everything' seem a bit of an odd strategy.

percy

Thanks for posting Baa Baa,but the same 50 day and 200 day moving averages would have saved Couta1 with TTK too.
    In hindsight we can easy see the sell signals,and using the same moving averages, it makes foresight very achievable too,[and very profitable].

Banned

(QUOTE=Roger;528892]Not picking on you Couta1, you're a mate and a good bloke...I'm just trying to help you build your understanding http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/deathcross.asp

Edited in reponse to subsequent "unfortunate" comment directly above. In Couta1's defence he's doing extremely well indeed with his shareholdings in GNE and AIR both of which I also have solid shareholdings in.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks mate I'll have a look at that info, I can also add HNZ /PGW and SCL to the above stocks

Banned

just want to add that trading MA crosses isn't a guaranteed way to make money IMO.

With a non-trending item, the 50 and 200MA lines will cross often and the trades will usually result in a loss each time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chaowee88 View Post
    I once heard a great cliche, and in Couta's case it is perfect. " Everything I touch turns to sold". Describes Couta's investments perfectly.
    That's fine I'm learning all the time and I never give up till I've achieved what I set out to do no matter how many setbacks. Some like riding high horses now don't they.
    Last edited by couta1; 02-02-2015 at 06:30 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    just want to add that trading MA crosses isn't a guaranteed way to make money IMO.

With a non-trending item, the 50 and 200MA lines will cross often and the trades will usually result in a loss each time.
    Work just fine for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Work just fine for me.
    Didn't for me when that was all I used. I'm using an FA / TA mix now and it's working much better.

FA determines what I'll invest in, and TA when (if at all).

Mind you pretty well anything should work in this market.
    Last edited by bunter; 02-02-2015 at 07:15 PM.