sharetrader
Page 72 of 206 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    Notice says shares and scrip... so cash and shares in the new group. As for price/quantity of this offer, will have to wait and see.

Surprised people are selling for under $1.80, given the immediate lodge for a take over and 20% purchase @ $1.80 - surely the offer will be at a higher price than that.
    They bought of instos at $1.80 didn't they? My guess is there would be a ratchet clause in there if they increase the offer price above that so I would expect the offer to be at $1.80 - at least initially.

If you want to 'hold on' to your shares, why not accept the share offer and have a shareholding in a 'potentially' much better company.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    Lets not forget Mr Xavier Simonet! He's starting work today
    I'm sure he will enjoy working with Rod

Better than grumpy shareholders as the boss
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

No contact with the Kathmandu board so I'd assume this is not a friendly approach and the KMD board are very unlikely to recommend acceptance of anything sub $2 a share. I'm surprised at all the sellers also. Imagine the Instos that sold overnight to BGR at $1.80 will have a clause that they get topped up if the final price is say $2.10 a share etc although they have been paid 100% cash and the offer is a cash and scrip offer so possibly not.

Surprised people are selling for under $1.80, given the immediate lodge for a take over and 20% purchase @ $1.80 - surely the offer will be at a higher price than that.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised that people are selling for under $1.80. Fact is the offer will be several months away from settlement and will clearly involve part scrip.
    The board of KMD will have to commission an independent valuation which will take quite some time and KMD's prospects are very difficult to gauge given their woeful recent profit performance and hopeless stock turn.
    KMD board can claim anything they like that the company is worth more but is it really ? Recent SP weakness suggests otherwise.
    The board only have themselves and management to blame for the inept way this company has been run. I'd be running for the hills with my $1.75 cash and count myself extremely fortunate to have sold a pup for a good price and be shopping for a real bargain later this week if I had shares in KMD. Nearly everything on the NZX is currently on sale but KMD shares are currently selling for a very fulsome price IMHO.

Banned

Fair points Roger but I'd happily bet you a steak lunch this takeover does not succeed at $1.80. KMD is in play now and this bid is quite opportunistic. No contact made with KMD board so its hostile. The question is what do the large insto holders think is fair value and my guess is $2-2.20 range.

But the whole thing could take the rest of the year to play out and like you say you can take $1.75 and buy some other beaten down stocks at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'm not surprised that people are selling for under $1.80. Fact is the offer will be several months away from settlement and will clearly involve part scrip.
    The board of KMD will have to commission an independent valuation which will take quite some time and KMD's prospects are very difficult to gauge given their woeful recent profit performance and hopeless stock turn.
    KMD board can claim anything they like that the company is worth more but is it really ? Recent SP weakness suggests otherwise.
    The board only have themselves and management to blame for the inept way this company has been run. I'd be running for the hills with my $1.75 cash and count myself extremely fortunate to have sold a pup for a good price and be shopping for a real bargain later this week if I had shares in KMD. Nearly everything on the NZX is currently on sale but KMD shares are currently selling for a very fulsome price IMHO.

Banned

Sorry Roger I won't be selling, I can be very patient

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I got rid of KMD and WHS a couple of months ago while the price was still up and still think it was a good call, even factoring in the Brisco's takeover bid retail IMHO is not something I want to have in the portfolio at the moment, theres too many economic indicators signaling less than robust times ahead for even strong contenders let alone KMD. Its a risk like a lot and I take them but not in this case.

I disagree Roger - this stock is worth well over $1.80.

Remember this floated at around $2.20 if my memory serves me correctly. Since then, numerous stores have been opened and significant expansion into new markets. IMO - the market has significantly overplayed one poor half year result. Now having Briscoes on board... 1.80 is a give away.

Im with Couta - happy to hold and to see what Mr Duke offers me.

Possibly a noob question, but is KMD trading on the ASX suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by Baddarcy View Post
    Possibly a noob question, but is KMD trading on the ASX suspended?
    Shares on the ASX start trading according to their letter in the alphabet.
    So something like ANZ would start trading first at 12pm. KMD woulda started trading maybe 12:10pm?