sharetrader
Page 76 of 206 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    BGR down 10c today thought holders might have viewed the deal better, early days yet, another bidder may emerge.
    I don't think it will be another bidder. Brisco has 19.9% so it can block any takeover unless the offer is very very good.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

I vote reverse takeover! Or at least buy 19.9% of Briscoes then make them offer more for a takeover haha!

Will Aussies want shares in Briscoes, a tiddly little nz discount retailer?

Instos will get the big picture but retail unvestors?

Rod said most of the shares he got were from Aussie instos, the clever ones who took the opportunity to quit this dog at a good price -ang getting cash
    Last edited by winner69; 02-07-2015 at 07:33 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    I vote reverse takeover! Or at least buy 19.9% of Briscoes then make them offer more for a takeover haha!
    Now, that wouldn't be easy with Rod Duke holding over 78% of Briscoes - and I'm not selling mine!

Give Rod his due to taking the opportunity to try and get Kathmandu for what many perceive to be a cheap price.

That's what happens when you stuff things up, have too much stock, borrow too much money and slash your margins like Kathmandu have done - you open yourself up to predators who think they can do it better and come and buy you out.

Jury out whether Kathmandu can sort out the problems themselves, maybe or maybe not. Can Rod and his team, he obviously thinks so and needs a bit of headroom (risk) to do it.

KMD shareholders should count themselves very, very fortunate to be in the position they are...could have been much worse if Rod hadn't come along and turnaround targets weren't met....could easily have gone under $1.00 IMO.
    Economy is hardly performing like a rock star is it !! (See latest dairy auction result overnight). Don't like BRG shares ?, take the money (low $1.70's), and buy something else.
    You want to blame someone for your losses if you paid over $1.80 ?, blame management and directors.

Banned

I don't mind Briscoes shares its just I won't be getting enough of them under the proposed offer to get near breaking even on my KMD entry of $2.80 so will see what eventuates.

"At this stage Kathmandu is not in a position to comment further. The Board of Kathmandu will meet shortly to consider the takeover notice and draft offer in detail.
    Until the Board of Kathmandu has given further guidance, shareholders are strongly advised to take no action in relation to Briscoe’s notice of intention to make a takeover offer.
    Kathmandu is being advised by Goldman Sachs."

Well worth waiting to hear KMD's comments before taking on the offer. Will be intersting to hear what they have to say - a market update on current years earnings would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    "At this stage Kathmandu is not in a position to comment further. The Board of Kathmandu will meet shortly to consider the takeover notice and draft offer in detail.
    Until the Board of Kathmandu has given further guidance, shareholders are strongly advised to take no action in relation to Briscoe’s notice of intention to make a takeover offer.
    Kathmandu is being advised by Goldman Sachs."

Well worth waiting to hear KMD's comments before taking on the offer. Will be intersting to hear what they have to say - a market update on current years earnings would be very helpful.
    That update will come when it best suits them and when GS say so.

Been boom times in KMD methinks, stocks down and margins restored so H2 will save the year and it looks like $30m

If the first half had been nprmal the full year would have been $50m .....so take that and suck your eggs you Briscoe guys

I'm not totally convinced of this offer.
    Lets say we do get our 5 BGR shares for every 9 KMD shares, then there would be some share dilution involved?
    I also hope the BGR share issue takes place after us KMD holders get our full year dividend. If not, then the next BGR dividend better make up for it.