sharetrader
Page 85 of 206 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Goldman (13%), Kinetic and Watermark Funds have 'publicly' rejected the offer as it stands

They have fallen for the Kathmandu story

Goldmans Chinese Walls working I presume - advisor to KMD as well as well as wealth management side involved (and they were part of the original IPO sell down)

C'mon Rod - make them suffer and wait - they prob only want another 10 cents
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Handsome Member

If Rod does not offer anymore and the bid fails. I would think the share price would head down again.... could he come again in 6-8 months time and offer even less say $1.75? Do you think in 6-8 months the SP would recover to more than 1.75?

Quote Originally Posted by jmsnz View Post
    Somewhat blunter than I put it.In some ways, it would be fun to see the bid fail, and have Rod as a large KMD shareholder!!
    Subtle sometimes is effective, but apparently I'm no good at that...my parents should have shelled-out for private schooling and a Swiss finishing school, bloody misers lol

Blood letting commences. Best bit of hostile take-over entertainment we've had in years. Holders who don't take up Rod's offer are going to get a bath when it expires in my not so humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Subtle sometimes is effective, but apparently I'm no good at that...my parents should have shelled-out for private schooling and a Swiss finishing school, bloody misers lol

Blood letting commences. Best bit of hostile take-over entertainment we've had in years. Holders who don't take up Rod's offer are going to get a bath when it expires in my not so humble opinion.
    Bloodletting or a realigning of personal interests?

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    Bloodletting or a realigning of personal interests?
    Well its an interesting point in time for a chief operating officer to chose to resign isn't it. Jump before Duke pushes you so it looks better for your career ?
    One can only imagine that as this hostile takeover runs it's course Duke will end up with a minimum of 30 something percent, (already has 19.9% in the bag remember after institutional buy-up) so he's going to be in a very strong position to throw his weight around with the board and will no doubt want to use a brand new broom on their tired old floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Well its an interesting point in time for a chief operating officer to chose to resign isn't it. Jump before Duke pushes you so it looks better for your career ?
    One can only imagine that as this hostile takeover runs it's course Duke will end up with a minimum of 30 something percent, (already has 19.9% in the bag remember after institutional buy-up) so he's going to be in a very strong position to throw his weight around with the board and will no doubt want to use a brand new broom on their tired old floor.
    Obviously no golden parachute to be had if successfully taken over?

Was a director as well

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Based on what I heard on RadioNZ today it seems like a stalemate, Rod Duke thinks hes paying fair value and won't budge; large institutional holders feel hes offering a low price and they don't really want to sell.

I do feel Rod Dukes comments have a fair view that 20 million for the financial year is a bit on the low end and KMD's optimistic 40% increase in underlying profit is pretty optimistic given the trend of its shops, but new management and a new direction could be the turn around it needed, who knows. Happy to watch and see how this pans out. I'm not a holder just a bystander with a word to say.

Go Rod
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11494994

Note that GS may change their mind about not accepting 'in best interests of clients'

Deutsche man on radio this morning says fair price ....and mentioned those record margins that have been forecast. Impact of going back to normal margins alone is quite a lot.

Th story also suggested Rod might just dump his shares if the bid failed.

Banned

Just got my 140 page target company statement plus 12 page interim report, the large document has Reject Briscoes offer in bold on front cover, gotta love that optimism, will be skim read only methinks.