sharetrader
Page 88 of 207 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post
    Don't think so, if the offer falls over and they tank to $1.40 then Rod loses $16M and he won't want to be selling one would think. Who'll be pleading then? Its clear that Rod is walking a fine line here - good luck to him and I like it a lot, but he doesn't need the lot to run the company. He can spend the same amount and get 60% (ie. 7/9 + 0.25 p.s.) and make it work. Hopefully sense like that prevails.
    Rod doesn't mind losing money ...look at his investment in pumpkin patch
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Roger your not tuned into the right circle, I hear sales have been very robust both here and in Aussie this winter, just need another good one next year aye, retail may be tough but snow/mountain and outdoors lovers have loose purse strings.

Wonder what Rod will come up with this week

Best quips so far

“…to be brutally honest I’m not sure that Dave is enough of an expert to make any comment at all.”

“Kathmandu’s board is asking shareholders to take a huge leap of faith in trusting them, with an untested management, to remedy a number of key issues and to drive the forecast 40 percent lift in earnings.”

Bold my doing

You can tell this written by a PR person, plenty of nice warm fuzzy buzz words. Probably double Dutch to the biggest shareholder - if he gets the gist I'm sure that big shareholder could have said it in less words and more succinctly as well.

Good stuff couts et al ....Xavier doing the stuff for you, I think it means this will result in more profit

KATHMANDU HOLDINGS LIMITED
    ASX/NZX/MEDIA ANNOUNCEMENT
    26 August 2015
    Kathmandu Announces Structural Review
    Kathmandu Holdings (ASX/NZX: KMD) today announced an immediate review of its Head Office structure.

The company will closely review costs and structures in recognition of a significant reduction in profitability in FY2015, compared to FY2014 and previous years.

Kathmandu expects the review may result in reduction of up to ten per cent of employees in its Australian and New Zealand Head Offices.

Kathmandu’s Chief Executive Xavier Simonet said the company was taking decisive action to address the recent underperformance in sales and profit and was looking at all areas of the business.

“I am confident the outcome of the review will enable us to continue to invest in our growth strategies and deliver improved results for our shareholders, “Mr Simonet said.
    The company has already identified a number of key areas to improve performance, including:

• Increased efficiencies with cost reductions in all areas of the business
    • Increased focus on innovative and distinctive products
    • The optimisation of the existing store network
    • The activation of Summit Club members
    • Improved digital and social media communication, and omni-channel trading functionality
    • Leveraging the capabilities of new systems and infrastructure
    • The identification of international opportunities through a capital-light model and leveraging of the online platform

Mr Simonet said by focusing on these areas the future potential of the Kathmandu brand could be realised.

The review will be completed by the end of September.

Please direct media enquiries to:

Helen McCombie at Citadel
    + 61 2 9290 3073

Wow a whopping 10% reduction in head office costs...yeah that'll make all the difference lol...Rod will be thinking its not too early for a couple of Tui's.
    Yeah lots of buzz words...some of them meaningless. I especially like The activation of Summit club members. What's the bet you get absolutely bombarded with marketing e.mails so often its almost harassment already ? would I be right W69 ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-08-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Wow a whopping 10% reduction in head office costs...yeah that'll make all the difference lol...Rod will be thinking its not too early for a couple of Tui's.
    Yeah lots of buzz words...some of them meaningless. I especially like The activation of Summit club members. What's the bet you get absolutely bombarded with marketing e.mails so often its almost harassment already ? would I be right W69 ?
    Hate to miss one of those last minute last chance final days clearance specials

You can tell Xavier went to Harvard to learn those words ....Rod only went to the University of Hardknocks

It was Price Sensitive as well

No wonder NSX reviewing what constitutes a price sensitive announcement

Veteran novice

I particularly like the "capital-light model" phrase. Havn't heard that one since Feltex went under - or was it Fortex?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I particularly like the "capital-light model" phrase. Havn't heard that one since Feltex went under - or was it Fortex?

The price sensitive part might be the $10k that Helen will add to her bill for changing around the words Xavier used to make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The price sensitive part might be the $10k that Helen will add to her bill for changing around the words Xavier used to make more sense.
    Too funny...I love your dry humour mate.