sharetrader
Page 93 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Guru

I think at $1.30 this stock could be a buy, simply because if BGR come back with the same offer, I think it would be a 'cheap' entry into BGR shares plus a bit of cash on the side.

Just my very brief thoughts as I don't follow this stock particularly closely.

Guru

Does Duke get a seat on the board for his 20%. Means he would have inside info to time his next offer.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Unless, of course, the Duke beats them to it with a new, discounted offer?

I think the Duke is smart enough to wait until the management and directors have egg all over their faces and when shareholders are gagging for a renewed offer.

Shareholders hoping the board can make good on their forecast for FY16 might want to consider currency and competition comments made by HLG and PPL today in their annual result presentations today. With weak consumer confidence and very strong currency headwinds its clear KMD management have their work well and truly cut out for them.

Veteran novice

From today's FN Arena:

"KMD - KATHMANDU HOLDINGS LIMITED
    Macquarie rates KMD as No Rating (-1) - Kathmandu's result was in line with the company's August profit warning. FY16 guidance has been maintained but the broker has set its forecasts 5% below.
    As the broker is advising with regard the takeover offer, it is currently restricted from making a recommendation.
    Current Price is $1.30. Target price not assessed.
    The company's fiscal year ends in July. Macquarie forecasts a full year FY16 dividend of 9.99 cents and EPS of 13.35 cents . At the last closing share price the estimated dividend yield is 7.68%.
    At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 9.74.
    This company reports in NZD. All estimates have been converted into AUD by FNArena at present FX values. Market Sentiment: 0.3
    How do these forecasts compare to market consensus projections?
    Current consensus EPS estimate is 13.1, implying annual growth of N/A.Current consensus DPS estimate is 8.3, implying a prospective dividend yield of 6.4%.Current consensus price target is $ 1.72, suggesting upside of 31.9%(ex-dividends).Current consensus EPS estimate suggests the PER is 9.9.
    All consensus data are updated until yesterday. FNArena's consensus calculations require a minimum of three sources."

A bit odd, seeing that the takeover offer has lapsed!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I think the Duke is smart enough to wait until the management and directors have egg all over their faces and when shareholders are gagging for a renewed offer.
    Isn't it directors and senior managers who benefit most from avoiding a merger?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I think at $1.30 this stock could be a buy, simply because if BGR come back with the same offer, I think it would be a 'cheap' entry into BGR shares plus a bit of cash on the side.

Just my very brief thoughts as I don't follow this stock particularly closely.
    Duke's next offer may not be at $1.80 though

When do you think Rod's next will be. Next week? Next month?

Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    When do you think Rod's next will be. Next week? Next month?
    If Rod still interested he and Rosanne be quietly working with Kathmandu people convincing them that a combined outfit is the way to go ....and working on the 'merger' details to keep everybody happy (or reasonably so)

Probably the 'merger' be in the form of Kathmandu 'taking over' Briscoes in a scheme of arrangement. All agreed and signed off by both - shareholders won't have much say

All early next year methinks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If Rod still interested he and Rosanne be quietly working with Kathmandu people convincing them that a combined outfit is the way to go ....and working on the 'merger' details to keep everybody happy (or reasonably so)

Probably the 'merger' be in the form of Kathmandu 'taking over' Briscoes in a scheme of arrangement. All agreed and signed off by both - shareholders won't have much say

All early next year methinks
    Thanks Winner.

Quietly hoping for a subsequent takeover offer before the year's end.

I wonder how Rod's finances are affected by his investment in Pumpkin Patch and whether this will have an impact on any forthcoming takeover offer.