sharetrader
Page 96 of 207 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

On my rounds and just a little behind..

https://nzx.com/companies/KMD/announcements/277070

There you are Huxley. Steady as she goes, but they have turned around last years Xmas issue it seems. Cautious but positive result.

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post

There you are Huxley. Steady as she goes, but they have turned around last years Xmas issue it seems. Cautious but positive result.
    Stunning really .....H2 will beat 'management execrations' by a long way I reckon.

Nearly 4% points margin improvement - tremendous - 4% of nearly $200m is a decent chunky increased profits. And no doubt it will continue into H2
    Last edited by winner69; 01-02-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post

Market likes result

When Auckland boys back to work tomorrow more FA boost I reckon
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

50 MA over 120 MA and SP above both, KW would have said that was a positive sign too.......

Somebody doesn't want KMD getting away on them just yet. International prices immediately knocked back by lowballers on low volume (third day in row). Interesting strategy as this is exactly what happened with ATM back on Sept-Oct 2015.

1/2 yr results one week today. A sleeper? A goner? Market pretty quiet on this yet sp risen almost 10% in last few weeks. Personally, I think undervalued and if full year target still confirmed could be a good little runner over next few months. Analysts have at high 1.90s-low2.00.

Last couple of updates suggested well improved results and on track to meet the full year target. Just profit takers and general market weakness have kept the sp down until now.

Also the hunt for yield has helped given the OCR cut - similar reaction with HLG & other high divi stocks.

If KMD can achieve their forecast FY profit of $30.2, that's about 15cps.
    I expect them to pay 10c of dividends for FY2016 - same amount as 2011-2012.
    Gross dividend yield of about 8.4% at current price of $1.65 - not bad for the yield.

On a personal note, I buy lots of things from Kathmandu - but only if it's on sale. Non-sale prices are ridiculously overpriced. I feel you need to be a Summit Club member to get the most value if you shop here alot.
    The past few months, I've bought a head lamp, a running back pack, a drink bottle and a Nyos water proof jacket.
    I'm generally quite happy with the quality of items I buy at Kathmandu. However on my last rainy outing with the jacket, water got into my arms. I was told the jacket is fully water proof and seam sealed. Hmmm, very questionable this Nyos jacket is fully water proof aye.

Disc: I'm an idiot and bought at $2.80
    Last edited by JayRiggs; 16-03-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    Disc: I'm an idiot and bought at $2.80
    Better buy a few more jackets