sharetrader
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

FP......as a "mature" holder in these co's do you have any concerns with any of them to offer to an "immature" investor trying to make an informed decision?? Are you comfortable with all their current financial positions?
    Have a Gr8day.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    FP......as a "mature" holder in these co's do you have any concerns with any of them to offer to an "immature" investor trying to make an informed decision?? Are you comfortable with all their current financial positions?
    I'm no expert but overall I'm quite happy. They've been knocked around because of the credit crunch and banks requiring vhem to repay some borrowings to lower there LVRs, which has meant some have sold buildings - which is the last thing a property investor should do. I don't like their divdend reinvestment schemes because they dilute the shares a little. Although the take-up hasn't been high enough to worry about. APT is one I don't like and hold only 25,000 shares. That's cos I don't like office buildings - they date, cost a fortune to refurbish, and always need large expenditure for new tenant. A grubby old warehouse or similar usually makes a better investment. Anyway, have a look at the share prices compared to the assett backing, and there's a fair margin there to reduce any worries. The commercial property market is hot with buyers prepared to accept quite low yields, while listed property is getting ignored, and that to me is why it looks like bargain buying. Just don't expect to buy in one day - and be out the next.

......thanks BB & others for info and advice. I will be acting on it this week and pursue my thinking .maybe just " dip my toe" to start with. BB....what makes you think there cud be another correction coming up in October? (gut feeling or more than that?) Also are all LPTs PIEs and does that mean you (as a unit holder) dont have to pay anymore tax on what you receive as a dividend? Also where do I find info etc for DTZ etc (publically unlisted Property Trusts)

Thanks again
    GR8DAY.
    SORRY I missed your post...
    How ever F/Pud has answered most of your Q's
    Dip in October......
    There always seams to be one. First Qtr for most Coy's after
    F/Year reporting. Lpt's will not be afected too much but usually
    suffer along with the rest of the market. (herd mentality).
    I agree with F/Pud in his saying. "the private rental market is
    under performing & too much hassel"

I hold ING GMT KPF DTZ
    Dont like APT warm on KIP & PFI..
    Cheers BB

.....cheers BB. No one seems to be mentioning NAP National Property Trust.....do you know if there's any reason for that? I picked up a few yesterday. Their gearing is low ( around 25%) and yield seems ok. Any thoughts anyone?
    Have a Gr8day.

Legend

.....cheers BB. No one seems to be mentioning NAP National Property Trust.....do you know if there's any reason for that? I picked up a few yesterday. Their gearing is low ( around 25%) and yield seems ok. Any thoughts anyone?
    Some of their properties are less than wonderful, e.g. a couple of shopping centres in Ch-ch; and apparantely the management is a bit hefty on shareholders, but there's a big discount to intrinsic value, along with more than 10% return after tax - can't be too bad.

Legend

I think there's a few references in this thread.

http://sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?t=2157

abamrocraigs recommend Kiwi, Goodman, ING Medical and hold on AMP Office

Holding ING GMT with both shares and small CFDs to utilise the high yield.
    Very profitable over the last two months.
    Whre to now?

Banned

Been buying a few MGR. Done pretty well recently and lots of exposure in the Aussie papers who reckon it's a sitting duck for a takeover because of its low gearing (18%).
    I'm a bit like fungus, paid off the mortgages, still have a job, one commercial property and excess cash goes into shares, LPTs etc. I've spent most of my working life cash poor and asset rich, I like having a few grand to splash every now and then.
    Looks like the Govt. one way or another is going to stick the knife into residential rentals.

Also property ownership isn't liquid and I'm sick of paying Councils, Insurance Companies, Solicitors, accountants, Regional Council, real estate agents, repairs, maintenance, etc. etc.

Not to mention dealing with the occasional scumbag tenant.
    Last edited by Skol; 11-10-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Hi Skol
    Seams a few of us have been in your boat(so to speak) asset rich, cash poor. I now have no comercial properties, and have invested in LPT's
    mainly. It,s the best move I've made so far. As you say no worries,
    Rates, tennants, etc.... and the reterns are Tax Free.
    Have been watching NAP lately and picked up a few. They appear
    to be getting the house in order. Managing things well. KPF is
    clipping along nicely.
    APT welllll..... go some housework to do. I use to hold but got out
    some time ago.
    I would have though ING could have moved SP wise but there again
    with the ANZ takeover things need to settle.
    GMT now trading around NTA.... Hmmmmm I hold a lot.
    Your thoughts welcome
    Cheers BB