sharetrader
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 100101 View Post
    After putting up with excessive asb difficulties which have got a lot worse this year contacted ASB.
    They said that they prefer that Microsoft Explorer! is used.

Well sorrry but I prefer Firefox which doesn't seem to handle ASB well.

Looking to move to Direct Broking which seems pretty near the same as ASB except:-

It looks a slightly better deal on brokerage charges - better maximums.

And while Asb allow Ozzy dollars to be withdrawn as Ozzy dollars from ones cash management AU$ fund (for the next Ozzy Holiday) from any of their branches, whereas it seems that Direct require one to move ozzy dollars to NZ dollars and then Buy Ozzy dollars from the proceeds, which doesn't look good.

Anyone know any other differences between ASB v Direct broking online share-trading sites??
    Previously used to Direct Broking and then now using ASB.
    The DB site was ok but ASB is pretty useless by comparison. Things I find poor with ASB are:
    - Doesn't automatically update a portfolio. (completely ridiculous)
    - Some trade data is lost. For instance in the history it does not record the price on bought/sold for. You have to go searching for the emails sent to get the information
    - There are strange data processing problems when executing a trade it hangs with "spinning wheel" so you don't know if the trade has been placed or not (it seems that it has)

Quote Originally Posted by TFA View Post
    Previously used to Direct Broking and then now using ASB.
    The DB site was ok but ASB is pretty useless by comparison. Things I find poor with ASB are:
    - Doesn't automatically update a portfolio. (completely ridiculous)
    - Some trade data is lost. For instance in the history it does not record the price on bought/sold for. You have to go searching for the emails sent to get the information
    - There are strange data processing problems when executing a trade it hangs with "spinning wheel" so you don't know if the trade has been placed or not (it seems that it has)

Thanks for that TFA
    Seems that DB is not much better
    ASB still drives me crazy with an inability to cancel and order in firefox and the possibly same hanging spinning wheel as you describe with db.
    'praps they are all bad as there isnt any competition in nz

While trade are rare and reasonable guess I will stay put for a bit longer.

After putting up with excessive asb difficulties which have got a lot worse this year contacted ASB.
    They said that they prefer that Microsoft Explorer! is used.

Well sorrry but I prefer Firefox which doesn't seem to handle ASB well.

Looking to move to Direct Broking which seems pretty near the same as ASB except:-

It looks a slightly better deal on brokerage charges - better maximums.

And while Asb allow Ozzy dollars to be withdrawn as Ozzy dollars from ones cash management AU$ fund (for the next Ozzy Holiday) from any of their branches, whereas it seems that Direct require one to move ozzy dollars to NZ dollars and then Buy Ozzy dollars from the proceeds, which doesn't look good.

Anyone know any other differences between ASB v Direct broking online share-trading sites??
    If you have an AUD bank account - you can get AUD$ paid out to that. It isn't mentioned on the website, but if you ring them up, they are happy to do it.
    The portfolio works well for me (it would be nice if they had a daily movement view though).
    Haven't used ASB yet - a need to use IE makes me even less inclined to look closer at them.

I am sure this has been asked before and I have seen the answer somewhere but I cannot seem to find the answer.

Can someone please explain to me what the trades are the show up an the end and beginning of the day. I have just placed a target order and it has not shown up. So what are all these additional buys and sells? They also seem to disappear on opening.

Does anyone make their buying and selling decisions based on Morningstar recommendations?
    I certainly haven't, thank goodness.
    Surely ASB can do better than Morningstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I am sure this has been asked before and I have seen the answer somewhere but I cannot seem to find the answer.

Can someone please explain to me what the trades are the show up an the end and beginning of the day. I have just placed a target order and it has not shown up. So what are all these additional buys and sells? They also seem to disappear on opening.
    Opening Auction and Closing Auction.

seems to be down yet again after going very slow during the day. Wonder if they still use Datasgone?

Its bloody well gone down again ASB that is. Going to fill in the DB forms this time.

Its bloody well gone down again ASB that is. Going to fill in the DB forms this time.
    direct broking a thing of the past you’ll now have to deal with Jarden Direct. Definitely some nice features but still some things for them to work on

Membaa

Is your ASB broken, showing 100,000% changes in SP's?