sharetrader
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Can't get on to the system today! Error .. error .. error.

I hadn't heard that rumour - must investigate. I like the convenience of the one-stop-shop with ASB.

Anybody got any recommendations for other online platforms?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemy View Post
    no, not just you. This is a regular event. I don't know why I put up with them - actuallu I do. Because I am too lazy to change and I like the security of having my money market account with a bank (remembering the access brokerage disaster).

Has anyone else heard the rumour that ASB is looking to get out of the securities business?

Might be a blessing in disguise for us long suffering "customers".

I hope you are wrong as then there will only be one on line broker. Watch the fees increase.

I cant see ASB getting out of the securities market, espicially since CBA seems to keep pushing and pushing their product over in AUS...if anythung ASB would be upgrading to the webiress platform im the future from their current web based platform (which is rubbish compared to aussie brokers)

I see that ASB are in the process of upgrading their site. The demo looks good and certainly an improvement. They have a blog where you can make suggestions which is a good start. From the Demo one well might be able to do everything for the NZ AX from the one site.
    Rod

Ouch - that big figure on the Portfolio View showing the percentage your portfolio is 'up' or 'down' by is handy - but just a little depressing atm. It's so big and so red.

Quote Originally Posted by Novitiate View Post
    Ouch - that big figure on the Portfolio View showing the percentage your portfolio is 'up' or 'down' by is handy - but just a little depressing atm. It's so big and so red.
    Oooh, yes. I don't like that either. How do you get rid of that? Some nice new features but mainly cosmetic.

On the positive side they have finally put a stop loss selling feature on the site - only 3 years after Direct Broking introduced theirs.

Wish I had used it more often. Can't say Phaedrus didn't tell us.

Permanent Newbie

I just need to vent about the new ASB securities website. I have given it some time as new things take time to adjust to. The only improvement I can see is the volume on the watchlist. How do you get the watchlist to show alphabetically?

There used to be historical figures for companys which has gone.

The whole revamp seems to be about reducing service and getting people to the buy sell screen as quickly as possible. I think it is a backwards step from the old website.
    I have only ever used ASB securities. Does anyone know how they compare in regard to research with other online brokers?

also as awkward as anything to get from chart to chart (not that their charts have any useful indicator control...so I don't know why I am complaining)

Has anyone had any luck negotiating the comission/spread on the retail NZD/AUD rate?