sharetrader
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: FSF - Fonterra

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Fonterra unit fund manager reports to market on capital structure proposal
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12453679

Bit more work to do by the sounds of things.
    Thanks for your input on this mate, much appreciated.
    Could be a pretty decent corporate bun fight shaping up here. I would think that NTA of $4.54 would at least in theory form a floor for any attempt to but out non milk supplier shareholders.
    Of course that's the historical NTA from last year so could be higher now after a pretty good year for Fonterror (deliberately mis-spelt)
    I bought "a ticket" to enjoy watching this legal fiasco play itself out. Good that they have cleaned up their balance sheet and disposed of their Chinese owned operations.

Looking into plant based milk https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...PPT7WGBEN7YYY/
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-07-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks for your input on this mate, much appreciated.
    Could be a pretty decent corporate bun fight shaping up here. I would think that NTA of $4.54 would at least in theory form a floor for any attempt to but out non milk supplier shareholders.
    Of course that's the historical NTA from last year so could be higher now after a pretty good year for Fonterror (deliberately mis-spelt)
    I bought "a ticket" to enjoy watching this legal fiasco play itself out. Good that they have cleaned up their balance sheet and disposed of their Chinese owned operations.
    Buying a ticket, or more than one is a smart move, i bought 7000 FSF tickets last week at 370, now 395, although I have reasons for owning them, other than catching the bounce-back

Good move getting a ticket to the bun fight, esp when one party seems motivated to get an outcome.u
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Fonterra makes inroads into its GHG emissions from coal reduction goal
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12472194

I hope NZ Inc has enough wood pallets to sustain this.
    I guess they done the sums.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Fonterra makes inroads into its GHG emissions from coal reduction goal
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12472194

I hope NZ Inc has enough wood pallets to sustain this.
    I guess they done the sums.
    If not we can always cut down a forest

Advanced Member

Duplicate post

China has announced it will apply to join the CPTTP trade agreement.

Has Fonterra learnt its lesson or will it be a supporter of the application so it can again throw its balance sheet into the Chinese ring to be knocked to the canvas?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post

Has Fonterra learnt its lesson or will it be a supporter of the application so it can again throw its balance sheet into the Chinese ring to be knocked to the canvas?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    If there is a next time they will be smarter but a lot of kiwis are once bitten twice shy, After the 1987 sharemarket collapse small investors just could not bring themselves to return

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Problem is with Fonterra’s management - not China or whatever places FSF invests in.

It’s not only the investments in China which have gone badly, Fonterra’s investments in South America have also been disasters.

I personally know a Fonterra engineer who was seconded to Bueno Aires and he could not wait to get transferred back to NZ fast enough. Due to the very poor due diligence done by FSF before committing hundreds of millions of dollars in investments, the operations there were disasters from day 1.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...nt-diary-giant

What was the timeframe on that Balance? I have not been a supplier or a shareholder for over a year now but the last few meetings I went to under the new board showed a much different culture forming with a long term plan that most farmers would have wanted from day one. Not an exciting vision of world domination just a stick to what we are good at plan.