sharetrader
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: FSF - Fonterra

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    What was the timeframe on that Balance? I have not been a supplier or a shareholder for over a year now but the last few meetings I went to under the new board showed a much different culture forming with a long term plan that most farmers would have wanted from day one. Not an exciting vision of world domination just a stick to what we are good at plan.
    Precisely the point I am making - previous FSF management were woeful and had no idea how to make sound strategic investments. Nothing to do with China or South America being bad countries to invest in.

So one hopes that lessons have been learnt & the new management are more capable.

All the money raised via FSF IPO - gone in a puff of smoke in bad investments. Sobering, isn’t it?

and the recommendation is????

more of the same.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/379626

A bit to chew through here. Dividend helpful.
    Disc: Holder

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    and the recommendation is????

more of the same.
    Back to basics and the drawing board for Fonterra - strengthen farmer shareholders' grip on the company and continue divestment program (Chile next to be exited).

How Fonterra must be wishing it never raised the $500m via FSF - all invested overseas and all down the drain plus another $900m, funded by debt!

Fonterra should do okay from here on in but FSF unit holders? Better place to put one's money, I suspect.

Guru

Concur
    Chinese farms anyone @#%*
    Sad

A huge number of farmers did well out of China farms, selling young stock at 2 or 3 times market value to export, a few stopped milking and made themselves quarantine farms. A lot of people enjoyed some benefits, stock agents with an export order were very popular. I know of people who got on board the ship for a free trip to China. I bet someone could make a much better list than me. As a shareholder at the time seeing the red ink around China farms I was less than excited about it, dismayed and bewildered would have covered it better.

Jenny Ruth opines that Fonterra is ‘screwing FSF shareholders’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

... have power to make you great

Down 19 cents. Are non farmers concerned that dairy farmers will be converting their shares. Fonterra just needs to buy out the units as they have been told to do by the FSF chairman. Or could issue a big dividend to boost the yield and therefore the value

... have power to make you great

From the update "our path to 2030"

"...return around $1 billion of capital by FY24.... assuming achieve targets and maintain positive outlook, further capital returns to occur from FY25.
    " by 2030 we are targeting a dividend of around 40-45 cents per share" up from 20 cents FY21

There is approx 2.8 billion shares on issue
    Last edited by Habits; 16-01-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    From the update "our path to 2030"

"...return around $1 billion of capital by FY24.... assuming achieve targets and maintain positive outlook, further capital returns to occur from FY25.
    " by 2030 we are targeting a dividend of around 40-45 cents per share" up from 20 cents FY21

There is approx 2.8 billion shares on issue
    I remember supplier meetings where they touted KPMGs "taming the tiger" report that expected EPS of $2 by now. That was around 7 years ago from memory.