sharetrader
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: FSF - Fonterra

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    FONTERRA might take a hit with the new trade deal between US AND JAPAN
    Could be a positive as Fonterra is the world’s biggest facilitator of dairy trades.

Japan has been a highly protected market for ever - need to be self-sufficient in agricultural products etc BS. This deal (still in principle) could very well open up that market - Japanese consumers pay the highest price in the world for all their agricultural products!

If NZ sits quietly and makes no noise, our primary sector will do fine it of the trade war (and to swine fever). Chinese buyers not letting up on demand for NZ milk powder, beef & lamb. Also NZ $ will follow Yuan down while products priced in USD. NZ beef exports to China up 100% yoy.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 26-08-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Japanese consumers pay the highest price in the world for all their agricultural products!
    Really? Do you have an evidence that the agricultural product prices in Japan are the highest in the world?

looks like the market doesnt like the trade deal ... be under 3 soon i reckon. getting closer to a2 buying them
    Last edited by bull....; 26-08-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    Really? Do you have an evidence that the agricultural product prices in Japan are the highest in the world?
    I don't know if the prices are the highest but I do travel to Japan and Canada regularly. Both highly protected dairy markets. Both are very very expensive places to buy dairy products.

The consumers there are royally rorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinesekiwi View Post
    I don't know if the prices are the highest but I do travel to Japan and Canada regularly. Both highly protected dairy markets. Both are very very expensive places to buy dairy products.

yes but the quality in japan is so good

I lived there for several months and found it really depends on what you buy. For "agricultural" products, some are definitely more expensive whereas other some are way cheaper there. Dairy products are very expensive there in general but it is because dairy products aren't part of their main diet. From Aeon, which is their Paknsave, 900ml of milk was about 100yen, which is equivalent to 1.5NZD. 2 liters of milk is 3.5NZD from Paknsave so it doesn't seem the "most expensive" price in the world, does it? Any agricultural products related to bean are damn cheap in Japan for example, whereas they are just ridiculously expensive in NZ. True that Japan has a very protected market, but don't think they are ripped off for the agricultural products.

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    I lived there for several months and found it really depends on what you buy. For "agricultural" products, some are definitely more expensive whereas other some are way cheaper there. Dairy products are very expensive there in general but it is because dairy products aren't part of their main diet. From Aeon, which is their Paknsave, 900ml of milk was about 100yen, which is equivalent to 1.5NZD. 2 liters of milk is 3.5NZD from Paknsave so it doesn't seem the "most expensive" price in the world, does it? Any agricultural products related to bean are damn cheap in Japan for example, whereas they are just ridiculously expensive in NZ. True that Japan has a very protected market, but don't think they are ripped off for the agricultural products.

My comments are related just to dairy.

Agricultural products I have not paid a lot of attention to - though I do pay through the nose for perfect specimens of Zespri Gold!

My comments are related just to dairy.

Agricultural products I have not paid a lot of attention to - though I do pay through the nose for perfect specimens of Zespri Gold!
    Kiwis are damn expensive Japan.... I never bought it a single time for myself, but only a couple of times for my son while I was there...

Fermentation might lead to a dairy protein to make fake milk

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...make-fake-milk

guess its only a matter of time , disruption just like fake meat etc etc