sharetrader
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Thread: FSF - Fonterra

Yep, you are correct. The sale of the Chili business will result in a separate return of approximately 50 cents per share tax free. This will be in addition to the dividend.

Advanced Member

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/412010

Capital return, 50c, bought forward a bit. Outlook positive.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/412010

Capital return, 50c, bought forward a bit. Outlook positive.
    Before the capital restructuring these were about 5 bucks something for both share classes. Lower earnings too

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Before the capital restructuring these were about 5 bucks something for both share classes. Lower earnings too
    Returns to shareholders have been reported for some 6 months now so no surprises here. I think these are very attractive & looking forward to a HUGE final dividend and the capital return. I completed my purchases March on the swing low, my only regret is not having the guts to buy at the low in May 22.

They want these shares back but did not vote to close this fund, buy back will take forever ..... so what is next?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mshierlaw View Post
    Returns to shareholders have been reported for some 6 months now so no surprises here. I think these are very attractive & looking forward to a HUGE final dividend and the capital return. I completed my purchases March on the swing low, my only regret is not having the guts to buy at the low in May 22.

They want these shares back but did not vote to close this fund, buy back will take forever ..... so what is next?
    A couple of links some may be interested in.
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/415316
    Above is for another buyback….50million.
    And all go for the capital return.
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/415294

My son tells me it’s a sunset industry, not sure when it will set tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    Yep, you are correct. The sale of the Chili business will result in a separate return of approximately 50 cents per share tax free. This will be in addition to the dividend.
    I see return of capital has been declared as dividends. I eagerly await seeing no tax deducted from these returns. What to do if tax is deducted?

Divies are in the bank with no tax deducted.

Share price has been punished as expected.

Another dividend not too far away, doesn't look like it will be as big as previously forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by mshierlaw View Post
    Divies are in the bank with no tax deducted.

Share price has been punished as expected.

Another dividend not too far away, doesn't look like it will be as big as previously forecast.
    I don't think it is at all correct to describe the 50cps payment as a dividend. Rather it is a return of capital, accompanied by the cancellation of one share in every six held, and is non-taxable in the hands of the recipient.

An actual dividend will be declared and paid in the reasonably near future (on the lesser number of shares after the cancellation is recorded) which will be taxable in the hands of those receiving it, but may be accompanied by imputation credits/withholding tax which can be offset.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    I don't think it is at all correct to describe the 50cps payment as a dividend. Rather it is a return of capital, accompanied by the cancellation of one share in every six held, and is non-taxable in the hands of the recipient.

An actual dividend will be declared and paid in the reasonably near future (on the lesser number of shares after the cancellation is recorded) which will be taxable in the hands of those receiving it, but may be accompanied by imputation credits/withholding tax which can be offset.
    I agree it’s not a dividend and will adjust the cost of my shares accordingly. With Fonterra the share count has actually stayed the same. Magic !

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post

For someone holding units, ticker code FSF, did they also have 1/6 cancelled? The yahoo finance app shows the 50c return differently between the units FSF and the shares FCG. The units does not adjust the share price history and the shares have adjusted. Quite strange