sharetrader
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: FSF - Fonterra

looks like they are still failing to address there capital restraints fully which would enable them to compete in the future fully.

peak cow not fully addressed only leads to one outcome long term
    one step ahead of the herd

14 years on and still no addressing the implications of an ownership group who won't invest in their cash cow...

I don't get this. They seem to be concerned about continued conversion/lack of market for suppliers trying to flog supplier shares. The fund is at max and they close it so more do not convert. Why are there pressures, because "peak" cow and the long run decline for the industry effectively through legislated controls by central and local bodies; ability of farmers to supply other processors(although this is only 20% of market).

Their answer, let's further limit the buyer pool for these types of securities AND reduce the number suppliers need to hold to supply. Maybe the Board and management need to pose this question to Fonterra's marketing department in this MEMO: If demand for a product is reduced and the supply is increased what are the possible outcomes.

My answer is they will struggle for a number of years in some alternate universe until the wall separating the 2 universes fall down due to the weight of the sellers leaning on it and the two universes collide with a few confused buyers being swamped by rabid sellers wearing redbands offering free tickets to the rugby(supplied by Silverlake) with every bulk lots of shares.

United Nations just released a report saying methane emissions should be the focus on climate change. highlighted agriculture as significant sector to target.

as i mentioned yesterday peak cow is here. climate change ( 40% of nz emissions are from ag i believe ) , eating habits moving away from meat and dairy , people are drinking less cows milk esp in younger generations etc all lead to the same conclusion this is a sunset industry in its current form.
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    United Nations just released a report saying methane emissions should be the focus on climate change. highlighted agriculture as significant sector to target.

as i mentioned yesterday peak cow is here. climate change ( 40% of nz emissions are from ag i believe ) , eating habits moving away from meat and dairy , people are drinking less cows milk esp in younger generations etc all lead to the same conclusion this is a sunset industry in its current form.
    Red meat exports are doing just fine.
    https://sendy.tarawera.co.nz/l/J6oLV...h8PhiJ6bgTP2aA

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

Hahaha, sunset industry yeah right. The UN would be better working out how to stem human population meteoric increase. If they wish to lower cow methane emissions there are ways to do this without killing the cow. And as people need animal proteins in their diets to be healthy the nz ag sector is not shrinking, outputs may shrink or stabilise but not returns eg WMP price keeps rising. I know that the Chinese are going more and more nuts for dairy products fof example.

These Fonterra changes will not happen immediately, I can see this taking a while. Buying back the units under the guise of farmer control may very well be a smoke screen for wresting back ownership at a time when it is relatively cheap to do so. From the reports I have seen fonterra the company had some innovative and profitable enhancements and products on the way and in the market place.

Guru

IMHO Fonterra is its own worst enemy and survives in spite of its self !

IMO A very lazy company !

IMO It is in the trouble it is because of its self , ie it should not be paying more than 60-70% of the milk solid earnings that will deal with its capital issue and solve all of its other current issues but dont hold your breath so farmers are their one worst enemy, now the circle is complete.

Guru

Its called lets kick the ag sector in the guts again BULL.
    What about transport ?
    "
    New Zealand greenhouse gas emissions have been relatively unchanged since 2005. In 2018 New Zealand’s gross greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions were 78.9 million tonnes of CO2-e, 24.0 percent higher than 1990 and 1.0 percent lower than 2017.

In 2018:

Gross emissions were mainly made up of carbon dioxide (44.5 percent), methane (43.5 percent), and nitrous oxide (9.6 percent).

Carbon dioxide emissions were mainly produced by transport (47.0 percent), manufacturing industries and construction (17.9 percent), and public electricity and heat production (9.4 percent).

Emissions from transport were up 2.3 percent from 2017 and up 89.7 percent from 1990. Transport emissions were mainly made up by road vehicle emissions (90.7 percent) and domestic aviation (6.7 percent).
    Road transportation emissions in 2018 were up 2.0 percent from 2017 and up 101.6 percent from 1990. They made up 42.6 percent of all carbon dioxide emissions in 2018.
    Domestic aviation emissions in 2018 were up 12.0 percent from 2017 and up 17.7 percent from 1990. They made up 3.2 percent of all carbon dioxide emissions in 2018.
    Emissions from manufacturing industries and construction were down 9.9 percent from 2017 and up 34.2 percent from 1990. They made up 17.9 percent of all carbon dioxide emissions in 2018.
    Emissions from public electricity and heat production were down 8.4 percent from 2017, down 63.3 percent from 2005, and down 5.5 percent from 1990. This reflects our high proportion of electricity generation from renewable sources. In 2018, the share of electricity generated from renewable energy sources in New Zealand was 84 percent (Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment, 2019)."

https://www.stats.govt.nz/indicators...-gas-emissions

"In 2018:

Gross emissions were mainly made up of carbon dioxide (44.5 percent), methane (43.5 percent), and nitrous oxide (9.6 percent).

Carbon dioxide emissions were mainly produced by transport (47.0 percent), manufacturing industries and construction (17.9 percent), and public electricity and heat production (9.4 percent).

Emissions from transport were up 2.3 percent from 2017 and up 89.7 percent from 1990. Transport emissions were mainly made up by road vehicle emissions (90.7 percent) and domestic aviation (6.7 percent).
    Road transportation emissions in 2018 were up 2.0 percent from 2017 and up 101.6 percent from 1990. They made up 42.6 percent of all carbon dioxide emissions in 2018.
    Domestic aviation emissions in 2018 were up 12.0 percent from 2017 and up 17.7 percent from 1990. They made up 3.2 percent of all carbon dioxide emissions in 2018."

Advanced Member

Fonterra unit fund manager reports to market on capital structure proposal
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12453679

Bit more work to do by the sounds of things.