sharetrader
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    AVB very strong on a down day - Up almost 20%.... I'd say we've just found a bunch of nickel fellas
    Maybe....or possibly a pump to allow the underwriters to more easily offload their 150 million odd shares
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

SF,

What are the chances of them selling them to a larger player who would like to get into AVBs copper (& possibly nickel) play ? It could be handy having someone on board when they (finally) get around to mining the copper

Quote Originally Posted by NoVice View Post
    SF,

What are the chances of them selling them to a larger player who would like to get into AVBs copper (& possibly nickel) play ? It could be handy having someone on board when they (finally) get around to mining the copper
    Hi NoVice,

its a possibilty, but the copper resource is probably currently too small to really be of interest to a larger player... AVB probably need to do a bit more work to scale up the resource before they attract real interest from other copper players.

However, i see that the 4th largest shareholder in AVB now is "APPOLLO NOMINEES INC" - i don't know who is behind it, but it is not often you see an American company take an interest in a small Oz exlporer....be interesting to know what their motives are....
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

at the risk of repetition, the nickel drills are just so crucial (and becoming more so as the sp takes a dive). was this diversion a brilliant gamble or a foolhardy undertaking? if we fail to find anything meaningful, i think we will all have bloody noses.
    fingers crossed.

-j

Quote Originally Posted by jdg View Post
    at the risk of repetition, the nickel drills are just so crucial (and becoming more so as the sp takes a dive). was this diversion a brilliant gamble or a foolhardy undertaking? if we fail to find anything meaningful, i think we will all have bloody noses.
    fingers crossed.

-j
    A poor result from Nickel drilling would be disappointing but I'd say failure is pretty much already built in at these levels. I sold down my holdings at 3c and am holding the parcel acquired through the rights issue

I agree trackers - a Ni failure is already built in. This companies future & SP value has always been dependant on the Cu being successfully mined. The Ni has been a distracting sideshow. I have had concerns that they were not concentrating enough on progress with the Cu but the quarterly report shows that they have not taken their eye off the ball with the Cu which pleases me

N

Discl. hold AVB

AVB is looking good, it has risen 50% recently though in my eyes is still hugely undervalued (disc: holding).

Quarterly reveals that AVB continues to log more high grade copper results; the final results due shortly and are being widely anticipated (even got a wee mention in 'The Australian').

Another thing currently exciting holders is that rock chips of 50% FE have been found in its Trinidade North permit, which borders Vale - The largest Iron ore mine on Earth.... good stuff..

Pity we have to wait to the quarterly to find this stuff out, the coy could be a lot better at communication..

Quarterly here : http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=500299

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    AVB is looking good, it has risen 50% recently though in my eyes is still hugely undervalued (disc: holding).

Quarterly reveals that AVB continues to log more high grade copper results; the final results due shortly and are being widely anticipated (even got a wee mention in 'The Australian').

Another thing currently exciting holders is that rock chips of 50% FE have been found in its Trinidade North permit, which borders Vale - The largest Iron ore mine on Earth.... good stuff..

Pity we have to wait to the quarterly to find this stuff out, the coy could be a lot better at communication..

Quarterly here : http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=500299
    I feel like Im stalking ya Trackers

but this one looks interesting eh? Somethings up. Bought back my AVBOB earlier in the week

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    I feel like Im stalking ya Trackers

but this one looks interesting eh? Somethings up. Bought back my AVBOB earlier in the week
    I love it

Advanced Member

Me too. Bought the head at 2 early this week.