sharetrader
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Much to my surprise it looks like CPB shareholders who applied for oversubscription have struck paydirt!

The issue closed oversubscribed but those who took the chance have been allocated up to the lesser of 2129 shares or three times their entitlement.

Not a bad deal at $22 with the shares now trading at over $28!

Shareprice still pretty strong .... just makes that takeover target bteer value for their shareholders eh

And don't forget ORI are waiting in the wings to take out CPB at some time .... even though it may be getting a bit expensive but would underprin the shareprice for a longer term hold

Veteran novice

From FN Arena.

"CPB - CAMPBELL BROTHERS LIMITED
    Credit Suisse rates CPB as Outperform (1) - Target $39.00 (was $37.20). Currency movements have seen the broker adjust its earnings estimates slightly lower but a change in valuation method has seen an increase in price target.
    The backdrop for minerals testing remains positive in the broker's view and this offers scope for further outperformance from current levels. Any gains in the next 3-6 months are likely to be incremental given the positive bias of market recommendations.

Target price is $39.00 Current Price is $33.12 Difference: $5.88 If CPB meets the Credit Suisse target it will return approximately 18% (excluding dividends, fees and charges).

The company's fiscal year ends in March. Credit Suisse forecasts a full year FY11 dividend of 133.10 cents and EPS of 190.10 cents . At the last closing share price the estimated dividend yield is 4.02%.

At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 17.42.

Market Sentiment: 1.0 "

CPB's takeover of Ammtec looks to be a goer now that the Ammtec board has endorsed the increased offer

Veteran novice

Doesn't seem to be much interest in CPB here but they power on, nevertheless!

One of my better buys (at around $12) in recent years.

From FN Arena.

Credit Suisse rates CPB as Outperform (1) - Target $41.30 (was $39.00). The broker has added Ammtec to its model and adjusting for this and currency movements sees minor changes to earnings forecasts.
    Lead indicators for the Minerals division remain strong and so the broker retains its Outperform rating. Price target has increased to reflect an increase in peer multiples.

Target price is $41.30 Current Price is $35.25 Difference: $6.05 If CPB meets the Credit Suisse target it will return approximately 17% (excluding dividends, fees and charges).

The company's fiscal year ends in March. Credit Suisse forecasts a full year FY11 dividend of 133.40 cents and EPS of 190.20 cents . At the last closing share price the estimated dividend yield is 3.78%.

At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 18.53.

Market Sentiment: 0.8 "

Veteran novice

Another stellar result from CPB!

Interim NPAT up 73%, increased interim dividend of 65cps.

Anyone else sharing my good fortune here?

Not unless you can be generous enough to do an off market transfer at issue Macduff :P

For a moment on looking at the Market Depth, I it appears to be Algorithmic bids as they are tiny bids.

I thought Bots mainly came off screen, but now they are in cue's LOL

Tell ya one thing though, love the chart

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much interest in CPB here but they power on, nevertheless!

One of my better buys (at around $12) in recent years.

From FN Arena.

Credit Suisse rates CPB as Outperform (1) - Target $41.30 (was $39.00). The broker has added Ammtec to its model and adjusting for this and currency movements sees minor changes to earnings forecasts.
    Lead indicators for the Minerals division remain strong and so the broker retains its Outperform rating. Price target has increased to reflect an increase in peer multiples.

Target price is $41.30 Current Price is $35.25 Difference: $6.05 If CPB meets the Credit Suisse target it will return approximately 17% (excluding dividends, fees and charges).

The company's fiscal year ends in March. Credit Suisse forecasts a full year FY11 dividend of 133.40 cents and EPS of 190.20 cents . At the last closing share price the estimated dividend yield is 3.78%.

At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 18.53.

Market Sentiment: 0.8 "
    I'm interested. This has been a great share. Bought in at just over $4 in year 2000 and sold out in 2007 at $23.05 to help pay cash for a house. Got back in at $13.25 but only have a relatively small parcel this time. Am sitting on a paper gain of AUD $30000 tho so not too bad. The ROI of this stock has been amongst the better ones in my AU portfolio.

Wow nice result from CPB. I don't hold any unfortunately. Even with the rate of growth the PE is too pricey for me to buy in although if I already held I'd probably hold on for some more. Well done to those still holding

Veteran novice

Yes, indeed!

NPAT came in exactly mid-range of the (upwards) revised guidance on 29 April. Actual $132.3m, Guidance $130 - $134M.

This market's hard to please at the moment though and promptly marked the SP down a peg or two.

I'm holding.

Excellent Chart on this CPB.

Although, I personally would advise caution from here in people.

Why? lower highs and lower lows starting to show or become apparent. but the true signs will be seeing price break through the 60ema with the 13ema also breaking through, which may show a new trend starting present itself.

But then again, most of the trades look like BOTS just playing around but at 45+ bucks a share then maybe not, Although there are many trades of 2 and 3 shares rolling around.

I dont hold but watch.

Orica will buy them one day .... when they get their head around how much more it will cost them than a year or so ago