sharetrader

Threaded View

Smile Legal action against broking service? Lol.

Hey guys! Cheers for all the tips on my "Career Advice" thread. Super informative and helpful. Fingers crossed for the desired outcome with the Deloitte interview. Ok, new story:

So I applied for an account with Direct Broking AGES ago (see: 1 month) and still haven't had an account registered. Story goes like this:

A week following the posting of all the required documentation I contacted them and asked them if they had recieved anything. They said they had, but couldn't proceed with registration because the signatures on the ID didn't match (I had changed my sig between IDs, one being almost 8 years old. I didn't check this unfortunately, to my detriment). I apologized and sent through more ID, which they said was now ok and they would proceed with the registration and send me an e-mail on completion of this process. I said thanks, and also told them it would be good if they contacted me next time instead of me having to chase them up (in a good natured way however, as it was essentially my fault).

ANYWAY... 3 more weeks later and still nothing. My question is thus: if I had had a serious intention of investing over this 3 weeks period and was confident that I had identified some stocks which would appreciate in value AND over that 3 week period they did but I couldn't take advantage of the gains because of DIRECT BROKING screwing around, (first week was ok - it was my fault - but 4????) would I have grounds for action against them for capital gains lost? I can think of some reasons for and against...

Just curious (I had no intention of investing, I just want an account; never fear Direct Broking! =D)

Thanks guys =)
    Last edited by theArtfuldodger; 05-10-2009 at 07:47 PM.