sharetrader
Page 138 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1906
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    ...inflowing liquidity levels remained positive but are weakening throughout the last few days. In essence, Mrs. Market still in control.
    The extreme danger signs are solely coming from traditional, technical set-ups, which iMHO are more snd more useless........
    ...technical set ups?? ...you lost me Ananda.........Not hard to do, I blame my problem on my lack of IQ genes

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    ...technical set ups?? ...you lost me Ananda.........Not hard to do, I blame my problem on my lack of IQ genes
    sorry Hoop most likely my mistake

Like according to the NYA 2012 - 2014 price channel or the long term (yearly price) expanding wedge of the Dow, this market is super risky and upside ptential is extremely limited

But llook at the VIX - no worries at all - and no matter what, liquidity inflows remain positive

kind regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 12-07-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Guru

Forgetting about media noise and stepping back to take in a bigger view sees the S&P500 for what it is Ananda....a runaway bull market ....The chart below needs no squiggly lines, its a solid uptrending index so no problems with the medium/long term technical side of things..

However, although one can argue with the fundamental aspects of whether the market is grossly overvalued or not, it is actually Market physics which is starting to show the problem ..there is just not enough money left in the system to keep the market momentum going.... It is all invested..At the moment it just doesn't pay to be out of the market.
    The demise of a bull market cycle is usually due to its own overwhelming success..eh?

Then you have Financial physics playing a role and having a compounding affect on the Market...the tightening of Monetary and Fiscal policies adding to the woes of not enough available money...a double whammy effect
    The price one pays when the economy booms..eh?
    The chart below tells the story...if history repeats then there are black clouds forming on the horizon.. US Equity bust around October with US recession next year??????? or will it be "different this time" with the "successful" taste of regulation & unconventional QE the FED would step back in and warp the markets more so...
    Last edited by Hoop; 13-07-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Next week must be the week that 2000 is reached ......wow

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Next week must be the week that 2000 is reached ......wow
    Tomorrow be the day ....wow 2000

Interesting stat on the S&P500

Three months ago there were 498 stocks above 200MA and 2 below
    Yesterday there were 387 above and 115 below

And the number of stocks reaching year highs was 25 today compared to 204 three months ago

Sign of general weakness?

I have no idea

Guru

Default Correction warning......

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Interesting stat on the S&P500

Three months ago there were 498 stocks above 200MA and 2 below
    Yesterday there were 387 above and 115 below

And the number of stocks reaching year highs was 25 today compared to 204 three months ago

Sign of general weakness?

I have no idea
    Yep...68% of stocks on NYSE above MA200 (see NYA200R chart below) ..hasn't been this low since the weakness during April - May 2014.

My correction indicator triggered 3 out of 4 correction warning signals during the bull hype when the S&P500 was making new record highs..strange.. huh?... Fewer and fewer stocks keeping the index rising is not a good sign (divergence)

Guru

Default Get out

WARNING ....GET OUT

My Correction Indicator has now triggered all the necessary 4 indicators to complete the correction warning....The last to go was the EMA50 this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    WARNING ....GET OUT

My Correction Indicator has now triggered all the necessary 4 indicators to complete the correction warning....The last to go was the EMA50 this morning.

Hoop, recent breaches of the EMA50 having been decent buying opportunities. Why not this time? What are the other 3 indicators?
    What confirmations would you look at to go long again?

Always appreciate your input, noodles.
    Last edited by noodles; 01-08-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Hoop, do you have an advance/decline chart for the us markets

Would say an increasing number of stocks going down?