sharetrader
Page 172 of 191 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1906

Yes, within next 30 days we should see some direction. I expect strong activities in global markets in the coming months. No worries at all for those who have filled their baskets with strong companies globally.
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    S&P500 just 3% off all time high, and rising

Even the VIX suggests ths could happen withthe next 30 days

No worries

Another day like today and new high for S&P500

Solid rises of late

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another day like today and new high for S&P500

Solid rises of late

No worries
    yep...good stuff...broke one of the big resistances at 2070-75 area...now with the SPX at 2098 it's at the next big hurdle (~2100 area)...

Investors must be starting to think that Equity market will always bounce back from corrections and always go higher...eh... (not referring to you Winner)
    There's a few on ST that believe this..those in red ink think they will be in clover in a couple of years...maybe they're right..maybe not...

Some Commentators say this is the 2nd longest living Bull in US Equity history at 7.5 years old. (Shiller's table below disagrees) My opinion is Wall St has been a prolonged stage 1 bear for a long while now because of no higher highs ..Currently Wall St is testing its old highs (set at 2135 more than 13 months ago) in an attempt to create a higher high...Being so close I concede that a higher high is a real possibility..

So lets look at the Bull stats..The longest bull (12.3 years old) in history gained +~500% and occurred between 1987 and 2000..That bull got so overpriced it took the SPX index another 13 years to reach above that bull's valuation peak....In comparison this 2009- bull has gained +~300%...

The table below is 3 years old so the latest 2009- bull figures are outdated..

Shiller 2013
    Last edited by Hoop; 01-07-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Guru

Some good news from Factset
    Positive Shift in EPS Guidance for Q2

Thank you for the link.We should not forget that historically still interest rates are low. In addition, we see negative interest rates. On top of that there are government stimulus and global central banks support etc. I am bullish on world stocks more than before. Brexit panic created some great opportunities for some intelligent investors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Some good news from Factset
    Positive Shift in EPS Guidance for Q2

Defensive sectors such as consumer staples and utilities helped the S&P 500 Index to its best week in seven months.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    There are worries for me as my Sentiment Indicator GET OUT signal has been triggered..It happened Friday and my attention was elsewhere otherwise I would've posted this last Saturday..
    Its been a while since the last Get Out trigger see post #1618 page 108 Mid November 2015 Ive since changed the EMA50 to MA50as EMA50 seemed too sensitive.The November warning was a partial failure due to over sensitive EMA50..the first failure since I started using this indicator over 3 years now...My sentiment indicator gives usually a couple of days warning (not this time...shock happening but 2 warnings did trigger).
    The indicator does not indicate how deep the correction could be..
    How's it looking after last week's performance? Would be very interested to know if it snapped back.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    How's it looking after last week's performance? Would be very interested to know if it snapped back.
    Hi Entrep
    My overall sentiment indicator was designed specifically to warn investors early of an incoming correction. I should not say "my" as I did not invent it.. No indicator is perfect but this one predicts future corrections very well. Too well actually as it is sensitive enough to pick up very shallow corrections just before they happen

Unfortunately..It wasn't designed to predict end of corrections/ beginning of rallies and it does this badly, often triggering off late at the end of temporary relief rally.. ..

KST indicator (Know Sure Thing) is a collection of ROC (rate of change) indicators of differing periods and smoothed by moving averages..so it indicates late but early..Here's how that can be possible... KST picks up changes of momentum but because it is smoothed by moving averages it is less sensitive to sudden brief momentum fluctuations therefore can be a tad late to indicate the change..The signal line cross over (the red arrow) always occurs in positive territory (above the centre line) which means there are more buyers than sellers (a bull situation) at the time but the buyer momentum is weakening and this can lead to going below the centre line into negative (more sellers than buyers) which is a bear situation, so KST signals early...KST on its own doesn't indicate the S&P500 price is going to fall significantly (sometimes a signal line cross over occurs and the price keeps rising) but combined with 3 other indicators KST becomes powerful....Why these 4 combined indicators are not as powerful in predicting a rally I'm not sure in knowing the answer..

To answer your query..only 3 of 4 have fired blue arrows.. the KST is late and hasn't fired (yet)...so my sentiment indicator hasn't predicted this current rally.
    Last edited by Hoop; 04-07-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Im expecting this pull back to make new highs for a week "The market is designed to fool most people most of the time" - Jesse Livermore. So I'm confused.

That is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by frostyboy View Post
    Im expecting this pull back to make new highs for a week "The market is designed to fool most people most of the time" - Jesse Livermore. So I'm confused.