sharetrader
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

I dont think you can open an Australian bank account without having an Australian residential address. Percy's system sounds good.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    I dont think you can open an Australian bank account without having an Australian residential address. Percy's system sounds good.
    I don't know about opening one today.A few years ago on ST, posters said they had opened one,but had to go to Australia to do it,while others said they could do it from here.Whether they gave an Australian address or not I do n't know.I know a few people who have an Australian bank a/c, but they seem to run into issues moving money from NZ to there in time for SPP [ share purchase plans] or rights issues.I just give Craigs the paper work and they do the rest.If I don't have enough funds in my Aussie cash management a/c they transfer from my NZ cash management a/c.
    I really don't think I would bother investing in Australia,without doing it via Craigs.Too much wasted time and hassle,particularly trying to deal with Aussie share registries when they make mistakes..
    ps.I am sure most other brokers offer the same services as Craigs.
    It comes at a cost.You pay higher transaction fees,but well worth the peace of mind.Some times I find I am in a paper war,so any way I can save the hassles I do so.Aussie dividend cheques I give to Craigs and they go on my Aussie cash management a/c with free funds avaliable in three days.
    Last edited by percy; 21-08-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I don't know about opening one today.A few years ago on ST, posters said they had opened one,but had to go to Australia to do it,while others said they could do it from here.Whether they gave an Australian address or not I do n't know.I know a few people who have an Australian bank a/c, but they seem to run into issues moving money from NZ to there in time for SPP [ share purchase plans] or rights issues.I just give Craigs the paper work and they do the rest.If I don't have enough funds in my Aussie cash management a/c they transfer from my NZ cash management a/c.
    I really don't think I would bother investing in Australia,without doing it via Craigs.Too much wasted time and hassle,particularly trying to deal with Aussie share registries when they make mistakes..
    It comes at a cost.You pay higher transaction fees,but well worth the peace of mind.Some times I find I am in a paper war,so any way I can save the hassles I do so.Aussie dividend cheques I give to Craigs and they go on my Aussie cash management a/c with free funds avaliable in three days.
    Although I don't hold PGC, I do hold another aussie company ILU, and they also post me an Australian cheque, which I take to an ASB bank branch, and they don't charge me a fee to do so (although I'm sure they make a little bit of money off the exchange rate - ANZ do charge a fee, $20 or something to bank an aussie cheque)... with ASB it will take quite a few days to come through, up to 21 I think it is, but I don't mind. ASB Securities also helped me with a few share registry changes/transfers and due to it being not alot of cash at the time, they did it fee free (which was very nice of them). It is not a full service broker, but I am very happy with ASB so far. (just some thoughts from me!)

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I have accounts in both countries and use XE to transfer funds. XE offer better than bank rates and no minimum or extra charges. Was a bit of a hassle setting the XE account up, but well worth it.

percy

The share price today is where it was a year ago,yet the company is in a lot better shape.
    Still a modest PE at 13.63 and a yield of 3.55%.
    The agm presentation reads well.and the outlook is for positive growth.
    I like the sector and like the company.

I fully agree!

percy

There are some excellent posts by Gosouth and JG on HC.Both attended the agm.

Long Member

picked up a few today. Conversation with the HC crowd relating to the seasonality of H1 earnings, but I'm happy with a bit of short term price weakness!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    picked up a few today. Conversation with the HC crowd relating to the seasonality of H1 earnings, but I'm happy with a bit of short term price weakness!
    I think there is an excellent opportunity to buy right now (79c - 81c)
    unfortunately I don't have any cash around to take advantage

Guru

last hours for 2018 competition entries
    Be aware of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    that not forbidden is mandatory.
    Anyone but o'brien