sharetrader
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Hi Percy, yes I've complained about how useless Computershare is in the past - they have a weird limit of 95 stocks to login to their website, so I can't update my bank details, email etc unless I email them personally. Then they want me to send them a list of all my stocks! Really, you don't have that info on your database? And even if I could logon their site is incredibly slow and you can only update one stock at a time. Link has none of those problems for instance. Hopefully Link will make a takeover bid for them sometime. (Yes I am short CPU.)
    Last edited by ozzie; 03-10-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Advanced Member

Ozzie , can you talk us through the logistics of this . I thought you had to buy a mininum parcel or dollar amount , do you buy 500 shares , get registered then sell 499 ??

percy

I too am interested as I recently brought 2,000 ONC so as I could in their SPP when they go ahead with it.I thought the 2000 was the minimum holding.I paid 31 cents a share.Funny enough I have received two holding statements,one for 500 shares,the other for 1500 shares.Maybe I will be able to apply twice if the SPP goes ahead?
    I have given up with Computer Share's website.

$500 minimum parcel, though I usually buy about $700 worth. It's much better though to just find some good companies to buy or short that you can hang onto for at least a year for the tax benefits. I'm making a lot more shorting stocks in mining servs, banking, insurance, free to air tv etc than I am from cap raisings. Studying and understanding macro trends is something most people fail at miserably - why weren't more people shorting free to air tv stocks earlier this year for instance, knowing that Netflix was about to launch in Oz?

percy

Thanks Ozzie.Please post more often.

I've posted on HC as justinp for many years percy, not so much here.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    I've posted on HC as justinp for many years percy, not so much here.
    I will keep an eye out for you on HC.I am Lorraina there,as they already had a percy?!

percy

ZERO.!!!
    Only had 10,000, and on top of my 2,000 rights I applied for an extra 8,000 shares.
    Only received the 2,000 I was entitled to.
    So what was the point in letting us apply for extra?
    Mark100 and Ozzie.Trust you both did better than me.!!
    CFO Stephen Munday [0061] 3 88337800 may receive a "polite" call from me in a few days time;"Please explain." ???? lol.

IMO

Which one of you will call ;Lorraina ,or Percy; or Lorraina with a Percy

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    ZERO.!!!
    Only had 10,000, and on top of my 2,000 rights I applied for an extra 8,000 shares.
    Only received the 2,000 I was entitled to.
    So what was the point in letting us apply for extra?
    Mark100 and Ozzie.Trust you both did better than me.!!
    CFO Stephen Munday [0061] 3 88337800 may receive a "polite" call from me in a few days time;"Please explain." ???? lol.
    Percy that doesn't sound right , bearing in mind the amount that went to the underwriters .
    Surely they were obliged to take some over subscriptions , or why provide for it ?