sharetrader
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    percy

The latest small bolt on acquisition of South Australian, Anaequip Medical,makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Although I don't hold PGC, I do hold another aussie company ILU, and they also post me an Australian cheque, which I take to an ASB bank branch, and they don't charge me a fee to do so (although I'm sure they make a little bit of money off the exchange rate - ANZ do charge a fee, $20 or something to bank an aussie cheque)... with ASB it will take quite a few days to come through, up to 21 I think it is, but I don't mind. ASB Securities also helped me with a few share registry changes/transfers and due to it being not alot of cash at the time, they did it fee free (which was very nice of them). It is not a full service broker, but I am very happy with ASB so far. (just some thoughts from me!)
    For a couple of decades I used to have Aust div cheques sent to me, and then I would send them to ASB Securities who would cash them and put in my A$ FCA account with them. But it's slow and a hassle.
    So I opened accounts with CBA - goalsaver and a CDIA. Now I trade on Commsec and all Aust divs and sales proceeds go direct into CBA. (I'm NZ citizen and resident). I have internet access to CBA/CommSec and Comm Sec has lower brokerage on Aust shares than ASB Securities so all good. There are no fixed fees on the CBA accounts either. I can do SPPs easily and quickly thru CBA. The only tricky bit is that moving money between ASB and CBA is a little costly. ASB Securities charge A$14 for an IMT and CBA charge A$10 to deposit IMTs, so I try to limit IMT transfers between the two. Better solution: Just get all your existing Aust holdings bought via ASB transferred into CommSec's sponsorship, then no more A$ transfers from ASB to CBA as I sell all via CommSec (and buy thru CommSec as well). this works much better for me - less cost, less hassle, and faster. PS. I still use ASB Securities in NZ and UK. They've always been pretty good to deal with,.

Quote Originally Posted by jg8512 View Post
    ASB Securities charge A$14 for an IMT and CBA charge A$10 to deposit IMTs, so I try to limit IMT transfers between the two,.
    if I understand what your saying correctly, your trying to send $ between your NZ and AUS accounts? - have you tried using an app like Transferwise? international money transactions are much cheaper and easier if you simply avoid the banks. it was very handy when I was living in London and wanted to send money from my HSBC UK account to my ASB bank account in NZ (or visa versa). the rates you get are 'fair' and the fees are low. there is a small limit (think it is about $5k) on each transaction, so it wont suit you if your a high-roller but you can do multiple transactions each day and totally fit-for-purpose if you only intend to do small parcels between the accounts. might be worth looking at eh.

curious to know how you set up an AUS account being an NZ resident (don't you usually need a residents address in the country?)

filthy
    Last edited by Filthy; 01-02-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Guru

What is going on?
    Share price slipped, albeit temporarily, into the 74's today...
    If only I had cash to buy

IMO

TALK is PIE are wanting to sell out before a weak result. They went under 5% recently and MAY have an 8 million share overhang still to unload.

Long Member

PIE possibly learned a lesson or two from Trilogy about positions in stocks with relatively low turnover (compared to holding-size). Interesting they'd take such a haircut given they bought in at levels up to 93c. In my opinion their fund performance in recent quarters seems to be lagging a bit too....

Personally I'd think with it currently trading mid 70s that a slightly softer result was already fully priced in.

IMO

Yes they have telegraphed a lower result. we will see what PIE do .

percy

The current strong down trend continues.
    From a broker's research dated 30/1/2018.;PGC has continued its aggressive acquisition program with the completion of three bolt-on acquisitions in recent weeks.Earnings are strongly skewed to the second half.
    Share price target $1.12 ie 45.45% higher than today's 77 cents,and that does not include dividends.

Handsome Member

Have recently dipped my toes into this one, I have liked all that I have read so far, will be interesting to see their results. Current price looks good for a top up personally.

Long Member

Trading halt for a cap raise, looks like another sizable acquisition is on the cards.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201802...7kggkppcf1.pdf