sharetrader
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by steve fleming View Post

PGC now really need to get out there and promote the PGC story more...the brr interview today is a good start but a pretty short interview...
    'Paragoncare' users name posting on HC?????????????...............hmmm
    h2

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    Congrats Steve

Really like the PGC story. Great 1HY profit. If it wasn't such a small fish I would put the house on it....... well maybe half the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    'Paragoncare' users name posting on HC?????????????...............hmmm
    Cheers h2!

At least someone is posting about PGC on HC now! Months had gone by without any posts!

But i see "Paragoncare" also posts on other stocks, so maybe they just like the name.....

Financial and execution risk in relation to PGC is starting to reduce as it acheives each milestone, however, you are right as with any small-cap, you still have to pretty careful.
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

Super Investor

Cheers h2!

At least someone is posting about PGC on HC now! Months had gone by without any posts!

But i see "Paragoncare" also posts on other stocks, so maybe they just like the name.....
    Yeah maybe nothing in it.

What I like about PGC is that it has no capital expenses, so its in a position to increase, maintain or reduce debt levels as required. Plus their cash flows look excellent.
    Last edited by h2so4; 06-03-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    h2

Advanced Member

I remember someone on ST rubbishing the idea of making anything on this one, because of its miniscule size and lack of trades - probably on Steve Fleming's "Long-dated options" thread. Well, I am already up 60% on my PGCOA purchase of 500k of PGCOA a few months ago, and there is still a long way to go before exercise date. This won't turn me into a member of the billionaire class, but every bit counts.

Don't despise small things!

Hi Colin, yes nice gains on PGC/PGCOA last week.

Probably time for an annoucement regarding the new acquisition that PGC have been alluding to for the last 6 months.

At least PGC aren't rushing into any purchase though.

Probably will do a capital raising (placement + SPP) with any acquisition.

Strange 4C released today – very good to see the strong operating cashflows, but some of the numbers have me baffled.

The previous 4C for the 6 months to December recorded receipts from customers as $4,922k (Item 1.1)

The 4C released today stated additional receipts for the 3 months of $2,142, which would suggest total receipts for the 9 months of $7,064k.

However, Item 1.1 of the 4C recorded year to date receipts of only $5,741k.

And there are other discrepancies as well.

I am seeking clarification from Mark at PGC.

Super Investor

Strange 4C released today – very good to see the strong operating cashflows, but some of the numbers have me baffled.

The previous 4C for the 6 months to December recorded receipts from customers as $4,922k (Item 1.1)

The 4C released today stated additional receipts for the 3 months of $2,142, which would suggest total receipts for the 9 months of $7,064k.

However, Item 1.1 of the 4C recorded year to date receipts of only $5,741k.

And there are other discrepancies as well.

I am seeking clarification from Mark at PGC.
    Did you get this sorted?
    h2

Some support for PGC in the Australian:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1225875670008

"Bearing all this in mind, we asked the small-cap experts for specific tips.

In the healthcare sector, Gordon nominates Paragon Care (PGC), which distributes goods such as beds, couches, cabinets and trolleys for healthcare facilities. Paragon's recent fourth acquisition will boost annualised turnover to about $16m. The company achieved a maiden profit of $197,000 in the December half.

Ancilliary goods will be a vital part of the healthcare growth story."

Advanced Member

Thanks for that link, Steve. I'm happy to retain my PGCOA for the long haul.

Liquidity among microcaps is pretty much non-existant at the moment, so forced/impatient sellers can potentially create some good buying opportunities.

On that note, it is interesting to see that PGC directors have been the buyers in 15 of the last 16 PGC trades.

In fact over the last couple of months, there have been 7 change of director's interest notices notifying of director purchases, plus a couple of directors subscribed to the recent con note issue.

My understanding is that none of the PGC directors are exceptionally wealthy, and they all have a large degree of their personal wealth invested in PGC and are happy to continue to invest in PGC.