sharetrader
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by steve fleming View Post
    Hi Percy,

Yes, i noticed that note in the AR.
    Looks as though Rapini subscribed to the majority (600,000 of 1,025,000) of the convertible notes issued by PGC earlier this year.

I beleive that PGC is purchasing the business assets of Rapini from Rapini P/L, so after the acquisition completes, I would think that Rapini P/L will hold 2,275.000 convertible notes (600k + 1,675m).
    Steve,
    Thank you for your reply.I think it is very positive that the sellers of businesses to PGC,are prepared to accept PGC shares as part payment.It is even better that they want to hang on to them.
    The fact that Rapini brought into PGC,before PGC brought Rapini ,shows to me they respect each other and know l each other"s businesses well.
    Also thanks for your replys on other threads.

Biggest ever trading volume today (3.4M shares). No crossings interestingly.

AGM tomorrow at 11am - directors will give a trading update, which should be pretty positive.
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

Flemo

Thanks for bringing this one to my attention - I have finally taken a small possy in this one.

I've followed your long dated option strategy for a while now, but have held back on a lot of these micro caps just because I don't understand some of these businesses. This one - easy, and I think things are stacking up nicely for PCG. Good management, with very favourable conditions/demographics.

percy

Bit of movement [upwards] in both the ords and options today.
    Last edited by percy; 03-02-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Bit of movement [upwards] in both the ords and options today.
    Hi Percy, yes some nice interest building.

I am in pretty regular contact with Mark Simari, and he continues to be busy promoting the PGC story to brokers and fund managers in order to generate a bit more interest and liquidity in the stock.

My understanding is that brokers have been impressed with the PGC turnaround and Management’s ability to deliver on the milestones that they say they will.

Mark is confident that it won’t be much longer before these brokers become active in the stock. Given the tight register, that is when we will see the big gains that I am after, especially on PGCOA. Maybe today is the start?

percy

Steve,
    thanks for the update.Still a lot of time for the options to run.As I like the sector PGC are in, I am hoping the company grows,so that I convert my options to heads.

Kind of reminds me of an early stage Abano Healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Kind of reminds me of an early stage Abano Healthcare
    Actually a really good NZ comparison is EBOS, around the mid 1990's.

Around that time EBOS was really ramping up its medical equipment product and distribution range, primarily through acquisition, whic is exactly what PGC is doing now.

The EBOS profit and shareprice growth around that time was really impressive.

From memory Eric Watson became a large EBOS shareholder around then and made a very quick large profit before selling to Rangatira.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by steve fleming View Post
    Actually a really good NZ comparison is EBOS, around the mid 1990's.

Around that time EBOS was really ramping up its medical equipment product and distribution range, primarily through acquisition, whic is exactly what PGC is doing now.

The EBOS profit and shareprice growth around that time was really impressive.

From memory Eric Watson became a large EBOS shareholder around then and made a very quick large profit before selling to Rangatira.
    Watson was in early stages of Abano,not EBOS. Abano was rest home business to start with. Got the name wrong but ex Brierley guys had an investment company called ?? Phesuh ? or Theasus ,then Kraus gained control.Mark Waller I think at the time was the company secretary.The company market cap in 1990 or 1991 when I first brought in was under $2mil.To-day over $380mil.Waller has been in the drivers seat all this time [truely a great record.]The name came about from the merger of Early Brothers,and Oral suppies ltd,who suppied dentists.Do not know what year that was as it was well before my time. The ex Brierley boys drained the company of cash.To keep the company going Waller had to close the dental supply business,Kraus let Waller get on with the job,and let him reinvest the profits.So growth.EBO went in dental supply,then sold out,but I think they do still sauce dental equipment for the Islands.
    The present chairman Rick ?? as an ex Rangaitara CEO.
    Last edited by percy; 05-02-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Watson was in early stages of Abano,not EBOS. Abano was rest home business to start with. Got the name wrong but ex Brierley guys had an investment company called ?? Phesuh ? or Theasus ,then Kraus gained control.Mark Waller I think at the time was the company secretary.The company market cap in 1990 or 1991 when I first brought in was under $2mil.To-day over $380mil.Waller has been in the drivers seat all this time [truely a great record.]The name came about from the merger of Early Brothers,and Oral suppies ltd,who suppied dentists.Do not know what year that was as it was well before my time. The ex Brierley boys drained the company of cash.To keep the company going Waller had to close the dental supply business,Kraus let Waller get on with the job,and let him reinvest the profits.So growth.EBO went in dental supply,then sold out,but I think they do still sauce dental equipment for the Islands.
    Hi Percy, Watson was definitely involved in EBOS, i recall because when he disclosed his sub. shareholding I purcahsed more EBO myself! I think he bought in when Kraus sold down his holding.

Per the following link http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...&objectid=8450 , he was still a holder in 1999.

It was EBOs diversifcation into medical eqiupment (rather than just dental supply) plus their focus to Aus (also their Health Support acquisition) that drove the EBO growth. Waller has been an excellent steward.
    Last edited by steve fleming; 05-02-2011 at 01:08 PM.