sharetrader
    Guru

Question N Z $ v's English pound

Same question as below, I'm going to the U K next year , would you buy now or wait another 6-9 months before buying pounds , also the same question about buying the Euro? when?

Watch the pound. Is very high at the moment so could be a good time to buy if the pound begins to recover. Hold off on the Euro as there are alot of issues there and i expect some bad news.

This is just off the head stuff and you would be crazy to follow any of my currency trading suggestions. Am not responsible for any actions taken on the above advice.

Guru

Question

Thanks Nevi but can one "buy" some cover N Z $ /English pounds at say todays rate for a date in say June/July/aug next year to take delivery of the physical money and how ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Thanks Nevi but can one "buy" some cover N Z $ /English pounds at say todays rate for a date in say June/July/aug next year to take delivery of the physical money and how ?
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes you can but transaction costs can cut out gains but as FPA showed you can also make good money.

The pound seems to have improved a lot in the last few days so it might be a good time to lock in todays rates. Good luck and if you get it right you could have a great new career as a FX trader.

Advanced Member

If your going for a holiday go to the post office and get a cash passport. It like a debit card , you can get them in different currencies and load them up using the internet.

Im going next year too and bought my pounds a week ago. If the xchange rate ever makes 50 pence to a dollar then i will buy more and have a real spend up holiday
    Last edited by ratkin; 24-10-2009 at 04:55 AM.

I see that the National Bank, and probably the other major banks have these pre-loaded cash cards now.