sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: China Shares

Default China Shares

I am thinking of putting some money in China Shares.

Any recommendations or ideas?

Just watch the incredible turnover of CCB, just amazing!! Makes NZ sharemarket look like mickey mouse.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Hi Dr.Who,

...here are some links which should help understand the precarious position China is in at present; although their markets have seen tremendous downside, the question for China is how long it will take them to restructure their complete dependence on exports and develop the domestic market.

...can they adjust quickly???

-China and the Global Financial Crisis

-Saving the Chinese Economy from the Global Financial Crisis

-Specific Measures to Restore China's National Destiny
    http://www.henryckliu.com/

Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    I am thinking of putting some money in China Shares.

Any recommendations or ideas?

Just watch the incredible turnover of CCB, just amazing!! Makes NZ sharemarket look like mickey mouse.

Hey Dr, Check out IZZ on the ASX looked at them a while ago but haven't recently.

You either like listed trusts or despise them

They invest in FTSE/XINHUA China 25 Index most sectors covered but mainly in banks, telcos, oil and gas and insurance and have about 22% cash

trust this helps

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Hey Dr, Check out IZZ on the ASX looked at them a while ago but haven't recently.

You either like listed trusts or despise them

They invest in FTSE/XINHUA China 25 Index most sectors covered but mainly in banks, telcos, oil and gas and insurance and have about 22% cash

trust this helps
    On the lines of listed funds there's also AGF, AMP China Growth fund.

Or you could use your CMC account to buy Hong Kong shares.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

I'd forget about wading through the writings of this C.K. Liu nutter.
    NGE, NWE, STX

Thanks guys. I am not much of a listed trust believer. I prefer to research firms myself and invest in it.

I am looking at firms that will benefit from the huge $1 trillion govt stimulus. Maybe firms with infrastructure development. Most of the stimulus funds will go into infrastructure development.

I dont know much about firms in HK and China, so some brain storming is in order. Forget about the NZ market it is a a dead duck. China is the play.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 08-01-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

And the US. I invest in the US market. You can buy Chinese share listed on the NASDAQ, NYSE, OTC and PK. But there is a lot of money to be made on the US market as I have found out even in this bear market. look at ACTC Advanced Cell Technology. Stem cell companies will explode as soon as OBAMA lifts the Stem Cell funding ban BUSH place on them 8 years ago

You will like this Dr Who. From Colin Twiggs of Incredible Charts.

The Shanghai Composite Index broke out from its downward trend channel on the weekly chart, indicating that the primary down-trend is weakening.

The index has now recovered above its December high, signaling reversal to a primary up-trend, accompanied by a strong surge on Twiggs Money Flow (21-Day). This offers a target of 2400, calculated as 2100 + ( 2100 - 1800 ).

This is supported by a December increase in steel production, after 5 months of negative growth.

But the Shenzhen Composite Index is ambivalent: the December retracement would not qualify as a secondary reaction — so the primary trend has not reversed.

It would be prudent to wait for a retracement that respects the new support level of 2100 on the Shanghai Composite Index.

AMP China fund confirms. The price did a double bottom just before december and retested the new support level before breaking the downtrend line. There is still potential resistance above at 87c and possibly some resistance at the 200 day EMA as the fundies sell.
    Last edited by AMR; 06-02-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Not sure what stocks to buy exactly, but came across a news website on the Chinese economy: www.chinaeconomicscan.com they put out daily updates.. top 5 headlines etc. There was one thing on there that caught my eye about a chinese video game manufacturer planning to IPO next week. But yeah, with global growth forecast to be -1.5%? and China at about 6.5% maybe it is a good place to put your money!