sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Beachfront Property [Northland]

What is everyone's take on beachfront property up north right now?

I am looking at purchasing a bare piece of land and building a garage/sleep out (Water tank, old stove, small fridge, solar panels/geni). Until the area is built up a little and I have the funds available to connect utilities and build a decent property.

Ideally I'd like to find an area with no sealed roads, power, water, phone ect. to simply pickup the land on the cheap with the intention of holding it 10-20+ years for further development in the area (few more batches ect.)

I have found a few places so far but am simply wondering on this kind of setup and how common it is for people to do this.

I guess at the end of the day its always a bit of hit and miss whether additional land will be sold and batches will get built up (council roads ect.)

Banned

Haven't been up there for a while but I've heard that there's heaps of sections for sale in Northland and now is as good a time as any to buy one.
    You could have some fun stooging around up there, some real attractive places.

Guru

The market is quite depressed so if you have cash and plan to hold for a long time, now would be as good as ever.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Banned

Going back a few years I had a neighbour who owned a camper van and travelled a lot. He used to spend a bit of time at Tauranga Bay, Bay of Islands, said it was an idyllic spot, but not many people visited because of the unsealed road.

Any other untouched location up there that is cheap to put a caravan for holidays?

Tauranga Bay sounds interesting. How much average price for a piece of land there?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Anyone had a look at Ahipara/Shipwrecks Bay? Surf is meant to be great, nice little town, can go to either coast, start of 90 mile beach, sounds great

I cant believe the property prices at Ahipara. It is more expensive than Auckland. I ve had a look around that area. The problem with way up north is that it is so far away from Auckland, about 4-5 hours drive.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    The problem with way up north is that it is so far away from Auckland, about 4-5 hours drive.
    I can only see this as a positive point!!

Banned

Give anything a wide berth that is tainted by maori land claims, it's the kiss of death and guaranteed to make your investment worth a big fat 0.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Anyone had a look at Ahipara/Shipwrecks Bay? Surf is meant to be great, nice little town, can go to either coast, start of 90 mile beach, sounds great
    Grandparents use to have a place up there when we were kids. Sold just before the prices skyrocketed.

Good surf but very rough for swimmers.

Nice wide beach. We had lots of rocks out front which were great for playing in/around (rock pools, hunting crabs etc).

Good for surf casting.

It is a long drive though. It was never used enough has the trip couldn't be justified unless you went for over a week.

the family now has one in Omaha which is used a lot more. We got in before it got flash so it has definitely changed (I remember when the golf course had only 9 holes and no sand bunkers!)
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk