sharetrader

Thread: Watching

Default Watching

Hi chaps has anyone been watching Blockhouse Bay, New Windsor area in Auckland,and if so your thoughts on what the market is like in that area ?.

Cheers
    Miner

Miner Check your wises maps for the actual addresses in comparing value A lot of land agents list surrounding suburbs as those suburbs to attract enquiries and if the buyer is not checking probally selling it as in a More expensive suburb than it is. I have had land agents ask if you know the area and if you are even slightly negative about area knowledge. Will take you on a very roundabout route either to hide bad spots or to try and fool you as to exactly where you are. I live actually in Ranui but all land agents list the area as Henderson, Westen Hieghts or Henderson Hieghts
    Possum The Cat

Ta for that PTC,I don't trust any land agents,we may be looking at selling so just thought would try and get a feel for the market as not one I have been watching much,the property is in New Windsor but Blockhouse Bay is just down the road,most people don't know where New Windsor is.

Cheers
    Miner

Miner some of New Winsor could have a problems with the new proposed motorway extension. So check out where you are in relation to it.
    Possum The Cat

No prob,all it does so far is make it heaps easier to get to my girlfriends,turn off at manukau then 2 sets of lights at other end and I'm there,the rest of the motorway extension is a couple of km's away,and will just make her road quieter when it happens.

Cheers
    Miner

Miner you might have slightly miss understood me. The property values may alter dramatically as the Motorway effects the Nieghbourhood some have mentioned selling to get away from the construction havoc
    Possum The Cat

check this for current valuations:
    http://www.qv.co.nz/NR/rdonlyres/BF7...uburbAug09.pdf

Hi PTC as we are out of site and ear shot from the new motorway it may actually help as in easier to get around,what they have done so far makes it heaps easier,Arbitrage thanks for the link,399k for a two bedroom,be nice but not holding my breath,we had a realty agent pop around out of the blue a couple of years back and give us a price so if we end up selling it will be interesting to see what she says this time.

Cheers
    Miner