sharetrader
Page 123 of 442 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 4418
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    Any ideás why SML doesnt get the love from the insto's or analysts quite like A2? I get the growth isnt quite the same but still one of the best performers on the NZX. Coupled with the performance over the past year is a pretty clear path to continued growth. Hard to find a great deal of NZX companies in the same category
    One reason I think of is "very low free float and hence low liquidity".

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    One reason I think of is "very low free float and hence low liquidity".
    Got ya, by very low free float you mean limited number of shares available for purchase? (excuse my ignorance)

Do you think majority foreign ownership contributes?

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    Got ya, by very low free float you mean limited number of shares available for purchase? (excuse my ignorance)

Do you think majority foreign ownership contributes?
    When a company issues shares, not all of them are made available to the public for trading. A big chunk is typically held by the promoters or the government, which is not open to public trading. The portion of shares that is publicly traded is referred to as the ‘free float’ or ‘public float’ of the company.

free float explanation --old article
    Read more at:
    //economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/45393465.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medi um=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Investor

Also posted on ATM thread re today's announcement of ATM's expansion into South Korea..

"The a2 Milk Company™ product range will be sourced from Australia and New Zealand, with nutritional products produced by our key supply partner, Synlait Milk Limited. Initial sales are expected to commence during the second half of calendar year 2018. "

Can't believe the sp is still under $10...

Advanced Member

Can't believe the sp is still under $10...
    And I can't believe my luck with >300% gain ! Not sure I can wait for $10.
    Does this mean that Synlait will be processing Australian Origin products ? Or do all the nutritional products come from NZ Operations ?

Investor

Seems someone is happy to pay slight premium over today’s closing price as seen by an off-market transaction post market closed for 300k shares at $9.509 a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That stake has probably been overhanging the market for a while. Bought a few more of these ultra boring shares yesterday. I'm learning to embrace the inner sleepy hound that just wants to sit on the porch and watch grass / wealth grow. How many companies are there on the NZX trading on a forward PE of just 20 with such a clearly articulated high growth plan for the next few years ? You folks do the SUM's, there's not many !
    Yes, that's a biggie, 1.7mln shares transacted at $9.00 a piece.
    Seems someone is happy to pay slight premium over today’s closing price as seen by an off-market transaction post market closed for 300k shares at $9.509 a piece.
    Okay... I confess I topped up with a few more.
    Interesting price action this last week since we had two large parcels go through recently. Overhang gone ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

I was speaking with an early SML investor this afternoon.He owned a very successful small goods firm in ChCh.
    What impressed and still impresses him is the way SML do their business.Very much working with farmers to keep their cows in good condition,and best practice all through the business.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Okay... I confess I topped up with a few more.
    Interesting price action this last week since we had two large parcels go through recently. Overhang gone ?
    You mean all of those large parcels and some more..you better put out a SSH notice then

Good on ya.

Investor

Strong finish on ASX at A$ 9.17 which is NZ $9.72 equivalent based on current cross rate.

$10 price target isn’t very far away.