sharetrader
Page 262 of 444 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 4432

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    Decisions for SAMR registrations are completely out of their hands, especially when China has publicly announced that they want local brands to have more market shares. SAMR registrations should be considered a bonus, but not to be relied on...
    Completely true.......... on the Wish List

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    Decisions for SAMR registrations are completely out of their hands, especially when China has publicly announced that they want local brands to have more market shares. SAMR registrations should be considered a bonus, but not to be relied on...
    That's correct. At the conf call following FH results they did mention that SH results will be much better than FH.

Waiting to see next week what they can deliver.

PS - sneaked in a small parcel around low $9 mark few days back.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    That's correct. At the conf call following FH results they did mention that SH results will be much better than FH.

Waiting to see next week what they can deliver.

PS - sneaked in a small parcel around low $9 mark few days back.
    You’re braver than me SB. The land covenant thing scares the hell out of me.
    Going to court is like flipping a coin....maybe even worse...40:60 chance of success ?
    And making a deal seems like it will be pretty expensive. If it’s even possible.
    (Maybe they could get DT to help with the negotiation ?)
    Good luck.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Going to court is like flipping a coin....maybe even worse...40:60 chance of success ?
    And making a deal seems like it will be pretty expensive. If it’s even possible.
    Good luck.
    Yep I agree with you RTM, too much uncertainty for me as well so I bailed recently @ $9.65 and bought a few more ATM @ $14.50. Feeling better having done that good luck to holders.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Good luck.
    Thanks, its just a small play i"m making on FY results. Let's see how that pans out.

The way I see it is the odds on Synlait getting a successful outcome from the Supreme court are slim.
    For a start the Supreme court is only taking oral submissions on points of law from both parties as to whether an appeal will even be allowed and if we ascribe a 50/50 chance to a them even allowing an appeal and then a 50/50 chance to the appeal being successful if its even allowed in the first place clearly on a sequential basis the odds on two 50 / 50 outcomes both being positive is only 1 in 4 or 25%. The CEO's optimism that he's still talking to parties also appears unfounded as they've said the same thing for a very long time now and if those talks had of been productive they wouldn't be heading to the Supreme court at all.
    I see a LOT of risk with Synlait at this point.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-09-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Thanks for the link.

A well balanced article outlining both positives and risks at this point in time.

Investor

Behind today's NBR online paywall..

Synlait held talks over Pokeno plant's future

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Behind today's NBR online paywall..

Synlait held talks over Pokeno plant's future
    Any new information in this article? - or do they just regurgitate what's already known?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)