sharetrader
Page 270 of 442 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 4418

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    1. I agree but if SML can’t produce what ATM needs would they not be in breach of their contract to supply? Therefore breaking that contract.

2. Most IF is exported via Daigou is it not through Australian channels? This will change over time I am guessing. So if SML could not provide enough supply it would not matter where they get it from for the Australian market to export via Daigou.

I am aware as long as SML can provide no other company can manufacture to supply to China.
    Look, it is absolutely irrelevant for Chinese authorities whether Synlait may or may not fullfill any contract they may or may not have with ATM.

They do allow only formula approved in China into the country - and if the factory with approval can't manufacture for any reason, than so be it. No problem for the Chinese authorities and certainly not a reason to allow somebody else to substitute (obviously unless they do have a Chinese licence as well) the product.

Ah yes, and just checked - it looks like these requirements apply as well for daigou ...

https://www.export2asia.com/blog/exp...formula-china/

CFDA registration of factories required as of January 1, 2018
    China’s government have introduced new regulations saying that factories producing baby formula must be registered at CFDA (China’s Food and Drug Administration).

You’ll also be subject to safety inspections and limited to working with 3 formula brands from that same factory.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Look, it is absolutely irrelevant for Chinese authorities whether Synlait may or may not fullfill any contract they may or may not have with ATM.

They do allow only formula approved in China into the country - and if the factory with approval can't manufacture for any reason, than so be it. No problem for the Chinese authorities and certainly not a reason to allow somebody else to substitute (obviously unless they do have a Chinese licence as well) the product.

Ah yes, and just checked - it looks like these requirements apply as well for daigou ...

https://www.export2asia.com/blog/exp...formula-china/
    Ok thanks for clearing that up. I did think it was only going to be a problem for SML to export to China. I was wrong.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Bugger. I met Nigel at various times and had a number of discussions with him. I see him as an extremely capable (and not just) CFO - he clearly was one of the driving forces of Synlait's success story.

Can't say however what his stance and involvement was related to Pokeno - i.e. his departure could be interpreted in a number of ways. But hey - the announcement clearly says he wants to spend more time with his family ... I guess this settles it.

Anyway - big shoes to fill ...

Two down ... how many more of the (once?) winning team to go?
    ----

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Bugger. I met Nigel at various times and had a number of discussions with him. I see him as an extremely capable (and not just) CFO - he clearly was one of the driving forces of Synlait's success story.

Can't say however what his stance and involvement was related to Pokeno - i.e. his departure could be interpreted in a number of ways. But hey - the announcement clearly says he wants to spend more time with his family ... I guess this settles it.

Anyway - big shoes to fill ...

Signaled it early enough - 6 months ahead of time, so think this is always a good move.

Jumping ship before the **** hits the fan ? Perhaps he's just so "overjoyed" with the new culture of the place his heart simply can't take it any longer lol ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-10-2019 at 09:43 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Jumping ship before the **** hits the fan ? Perhaps he's just so "overjoyed" with the new culture of the place his heart simply can't take it any longer lol ?
    Actually - this might be true. Can't remember him being a fan of pink numbers ....
    ----

Yeap...Synlait making a statement for all things LGTPQ and Heartland for all things Te Reo.
    I am very, very cautious when companies make up new objectives and then go right out on a limb promoting them at almost every possible opportunity and am left wondering if they think their own self created objectives (in management and directors minds at least), is just as important or even more important than earnings growth.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Well our Jacinda and her government lead the way on that front and the average NZer seems to lap it up... 😩

Investor

Up 5% today on decent volume, expecting positive outcome on Monday 21st Oct perhaps? I think that's date of supreme court decision from memory, can someone confirm.