sharetrader
Page 316 of 442 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 4417

ATM bound to utilize their own facility to the maximum at Matura if they proceed with that acquisition.
    Quite apart from all my other misgivings I am not seeing the strong growth others are here. Do I trust management that they've "got this" with their supposed eps accretive new processing arrangement with a major new customer from FY23 ? NO !! In my book Trust is earned not given and management have done northing but undermine trust in recent times. They closed today at a historic PE of 14.1 Not expensive but for my capital there's companies with far more credibility and at least as good growth prospects on even more attractive metrics.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

From 30 odd holdings for me SML is 1 of only 4 in red. Recently announced Pokeno land dispute settlement and multinational client agreement this company can now move forward. Maybe even two outstanding SAMR registrations waiting on Chinese approval may arrive. Personally couldn't care less about the pink lettering or non-holders negative comments. It's all about whether I can see a buck here in the future so if CR terms acceptable? will probably partake.

snippet UBS report.........

"In the model portfolio, we hold a2 Milk Company, BHP, Synlait Milk, Fortescue
    Metals, IDP education and Sims as a positive weight."

Guru

$200m Go big or go home....

Cleansing Notice

10/11/2020, 8:31 amOFFER10 November 2020
    Client Market Services
    NZX Limited
    Level 1, NZX Centre
    11 Cable Street
    WELLINGTON

Copy to:
    ASX Market Announcements
    Australian Stock Exchange
    Exchange Centre
    Level 6
    20 Bridge Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    AUSTRALIA

RE: SYNLAIT MILK LIMITED (SML / SM1)

Notice Pursuant to Clause 20(1)(a) of Schedule 8 to the Financial Markets Conduct Regulations 2014

1. Synlait Milk Limited (Synlait) announced on 10 November 2020 that it intends to undertake an offer of new ordinary shares in Synlait by way of:
    (a) a placement to eligible institutional and other selected investors to raise approximately $180 million (Placement); and
    (b) a share purchase plan to eligible shareholders with addresses in New Zealand and Australia to raise $20 million (SPP), (together, the Offer).

2. The Offer is being made to investors in New Zealand in reliance upon the exclusion in clause 19 of Schedule 1 to the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 (the FMCA). Synlait will issue the relevant shares under the Offer to investors in Australia without disclosure under Part 6D.2 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (Corporations Act).

3. This notice is provided under:
    (a) subclause 20(1)(a) of Schedule 8 to the Financial Markets Conduct Regulations 2014 (the Regulations);
    (b) paragraph 708(12J) of the Corporations Act as notionally inserted by ASIC Instrument 20-1052; and
    (c) ASIC Corporations (Share and Interest Purchase Plans) Instrument 2019/547 as amended by ASIC Instrument 20-1052.

4. As at the date of this notice:
    (a) Synlait is in compliance with the continuous disclosure obligations that apply to it in relation to the ordinary shares in Synlait;
    (b) Synlait is in compliance with its financial reporting obligations (as defined in subclause 20(5) of Schedule 8 to the Regulations);
    (c) Synlait has complied with its obligations under rule 1.15.2 of the ASX Listing Rules; and
    (d) there is no information that is “excluded information” (as defined in subclause 20(5) of Schedule 8 to the Regulations) in respect of Synlait.

5. The Offer is not expected to have any material effect or consequence on the "control" (as defined in clause 48 of schedule 1 to the FMCA) of Synlait.
    Ends
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 10-11-2020 at 08:38 AM.

I would have thought they would have gone for more than $200m
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I’m surprised they are able to proceed with an equity raise without yet disclosing who this new customer / global category leader is, and without disclosing the financial impact from the recent Pokeno settlement

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    I’m surprised they are able to proceed with an equity raise without yet disclosing who this new customer / global category leader is, and without disclosing the financial impact from the recent Pokeno settlement
    Yes. I only have a small holding, but a lot of information missing. What to do hmmm.

So we now expect to be at or slightly below the FY20 NPAT result for FY21

So NPAT back below 2018 levels (profit trend 75m (F18) 82m (F19) 75m (F20 and <75m (F21)

Using double the amount of invested capital to achieve these great results

Hardly a growth company is it

But the future is looking really really bright - that's the main thing

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So we now expect to be at or slightly below the FY20 NPAT result for FY21

So NPAT back below 2018 levels (profit trend 75m (F18) 82m (F19) 75m (F20 and <75m (F21)

Using double the amount of invested capital to achieve these great results

Hardly a growth company is it

But the future is looking really really bright - that's the main thing
    Did you really expect anything different when they expend vast management resources over a protracted period of time to achieve accreditation (without special resolution authority from shareholders) to elevate people and the planet to the same level as shareholders ?
    Is this a growth company ? NO. Is the future looking really bright ? NO. Has their disclosure around recent events been acceptable ? NO Was their risk taking with Pokeno appropriate ? NO.
    Have they met their fiduciary obligations to put shareholders interests first and foremost at all times ? NO. Have they met their fiduciary obligations to mitigate risk to an acceptable level to the company at all times ? NO. Do they deserve further support from shareholders ? NO. Would I ever be interested in investing in this company again ? NO
    Is this sour grapes because I have lost money on Synlait shares in the past ? NO...I've actually made a useful amount of money from this dog in better times.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-11-2020 at 09:24 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Did you really expect anything different when they expend vast management resources over a protracted period of time to achieve accreditation (without special resolution authority from shareholders) to elevate people and the planet to the same level as shareholders ?
    Is this a growth company ? NO. Is the future looking really bright ? NO. Has their disclosure around recent events been acceptable ? NO Was their risk taking with Pokeno appropriate ? NO.
    Have they met their fiduciary obligations to put shareholders interests first and foremost at all times ? NO. Have they met their fiduciary obligations to mitigate risk to an acceptable level to the company at all times ? NO. Do they deserve further support from shareholders ? NO. Would I ever be interested in investing in this company again ? NO
    Is this sour grapes because I have lost money on Synlait shares in the past ? NO...I've actually made a useful amount of money from this dog in better times.
    Jeez ...and I thought 4 pages of Disclaimers (in small letters) was a lot in their Presentation today

I take it you only look on with morbid fascination.

The Pokeno settlement never be known ....probably will be hidden away as a capitalised cost relating to new plant.

Pretty cool forklift
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 10-11-2020 at 09:41 AM.