sharetrader
Page 337 of 442 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 4420

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Senior management a mix of old timers and several who have joined the Team in last year or so.

CEO — whatever way you look at it it would appear what he’s been in charge off have not been a roaring success. I have a theory that some leaders (CEOs) are not lucky or have good fortune favour them in their careers even though they may be fantastic managers and as such the companies they lead generally tend to disappoint. (Works the other way as well as some CEOs always seem lucky)

How ‘lucky’ the newish headhunted CEO is will determine Synlaits fortunes.

I posted this in March 2019 when share price was still over $10 and when some were trying to convince me Synlait was a great investment (at that price).

Time as shown that Leon has continued to be one of the 'unlucky' leaders - born under the wrong star sign.

Often my posts are just notes to myself as to why I need to avoid being tempted into so called good investments.... and then share them on ST
    Last edited by winner69; 04-03-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Actually, I withdraw and apologize : Must have been bored and drew up the logarithmic price chart for SML to take my medicine. Whatever it is supposed to convey - it clearly looks more terrifying than the linear chart

Attachment 12362
    log scale highlights the rate of change mate - SML share price falling faster and faster as time goes by

But you already knew that
    Last edited by winner69; 04-03-2021 at 12:43 PM.

If it holds these levels until the NZX50 June rebalance then will likely be kicked out I'm picking. THL also hanging on by a thread.

That $5.10 cap raise price in November was seen as a real bargain - it was at a 14% discount to last trading price $5.93 day before thevannouncement

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I posted this in March 2019 when share price was still over $10 and when some were trying to convince me Synlait was a great investment (at that price).

Time as shown that Leon has continued to be one of the 'unlucky' leaders - born under the wrong star sign.

Often my posts are just notes to myself as to why I need to avoid being tempted into so called good investments.... and then share them on ST
    well ahead of the herd you were winner
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Without GRASSping at STRAWs, while chewing my cud, I notice a P/EE of 8.25 @ $3.39, maybe much of the fat is skimmed off, for a STOCK that has been recapitalised already.

Then I look at the greener grass over the fence, my cousin ATM, p/e 23.16 @ $10.05.

Then with a faraway look, I gaze at another exporter, FPH, p/e 41.21 @ $28.08.

Yes, I know winter is coming, and I'm yet to get through the bottom of the dip, but maybe this paddock isnt so bad after all.

Risk Manager for FTX

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Without GRASSping at STRAWs, while chewing my cud, I notice a P/EE of 8.25 @ $3.39, maybe much of the fat is skimmed off, for a STOCK that has been recapitalised already.

Then I look at the greener grass over the fence, my cousin ATM, p/e 23.16 @ $10.05.

Yes, I know winter is coming, and I'm yet to get through the bottom of the dip, but maybe this paddock isnt so bad after all.
    December guidance was 37.5m which would be a PE of 22, new guidance is unknown but lets say 20m = PE 42.4

Guru

But that is when from last year when SML made $75m NPAT.

Then they announced in December that because of A2 their NPAT was going to halve.

Now they've withdrawn guidance. Just 23 days to wait to accurately get the PE.

As an aside, one of the dangers of PE as is an historic number. Some in Sharsies heavily rely (solely) on this.

All based on historical's of course.

SML about to double, ATM go to 30 and FPH down to 30.

What’s SML PE if they report a LOSS