sharetrader
Page 47 of 442 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Greetings all,
    Seems to me that SML is the only opportunity to get real dairy equity exposure on the NZX (please do correct me if this is inaccurate). Showing a bit of price and buyer depth weakness over the last month.. potentially finding a range after a good ramping since the IPO.
    Considering topping up at current price, any of the TAs here able to offer some thoughts on what the charts are indicating?
    Many thanks.. Shambles

Advanced Member

"The total capital expenditure required to complete both projects is forecast
    to be $21.0 million. This is an increase from the prospectus forecast of $8.4
    million. Both facilities are expected to be completed by February 2015. "

While its great to see this kind of investment in New Zealand, especially out of Auckland, I am pleased I did not bother to read the prospectus in to much detail !
    Last edited by RTM; 14-02-2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Typo

Some folk are saying the dairy price could well drop over our winter coz of the
    up surge in north America (their summer and they are gearing up).
    This coupled with RTM's post above is holding SML in no mans land. ATM.
    BB

If the announcement has been combined with previous forecast report, it would not expect to have such turbulence in price.

Well the worst seems to be over now, that bit of turbulence was all a bit overdone. Cost overuns are to be expected when your developing and expanding a relatively new plant and at least they're making a healthy profit.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    Well the worst seems to be over now, that bit of turbulence was all a bit overdone. Cost overuns are to be expected when your developing and expanding a relatively new plant and at least they're making a healthy profit.
    My impression is that they are doing so well, they have decided to bring forward capital spending. They are using extra profit to grow the business. Still ticking all my boxes!
    Last edited by zigzag; 17-02-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    My impression was that they are doing so well, that they have decided to bring forward capital spending. They are using extra profit to grow the business. Still ticking all my boxes!
    Yes I believe they are doing well too zigzag , the shareprice may have got a bit ahead of itself .

Worth to hold for two years super growth period, at least dairy sector is still strong. Dairy exporting to China is only 5% in total, pretty room to grow.

Article in the paper talking about an industry shakeout in China. This should be good news for SML assuming Bright gets the golden nod.

today's volume, today's news with Chinese currency?