Advanced Member

SYNLAIT SML.NZX $18,173,068 4,720,241 19
    Is FarmerHamilton selling up ?
    Huge numbers today.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    SYNLAIT SML.NZX $18,173,068 4,720,241 19
    Is FarmerHamilton selling up ?
    Huge numbers today.
    Farmer Hamilton and his fellow travellers can't sell their shares until September, due to the escrow thingy. Still would be curious to know who has been buying and who is the seller.

FrieslandCampina Investments Holding B.V. is the buyer. Increased holding to 9.99%.

I thought some Chinese were buying, but not.
    Last edited by 000831; 20-03-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Farmer Hamilton and his fellow travellers can't sell their shares until September, due to the escrow thingy. Still would be curious to know who has been buying and who is the seller.
    Yes, that is correct , no selling by original shareholders ( apart from the $300,000 allowance ... which I have used up ! ) until the Y/E Julyl2014 results are announced probably in late September which is still another six months or so away.

Money received from Synlait Farms takeover last week so I am now looking at buying a farm in a syndicate in Southland in the next few months. Have been down three times in the last 10 days looking a some really nice farms near Waianawa and Woodlands and will be heading out the door in about 30 minutes to look at a smaller 300 cow unit further north near Riversdale this afternoon.

Anyone keen to buy a direct stake in a dairy farm let me know ...
    Last edited by FarmerHamilton; 21-03-2014 at 11:32 AM.

No selling from me zigzag ( can' due to lock-up ... but even if I could I wouldn't !! ) ... stock goes much higher over the next few years !

Buy Synlait Milk ... buy a dairy farm , become a sharemilker .... just get in to dairy !!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Diversification

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerHamilton View Post
    No selling from me zigzag ( can' due to lock-up ... but even if I could I wouldn't !! ) ... stock goes much higher over the next few years !

Buy Synlait Milk ... buy a dairy farm , become a sharemilker .... just get in to dairy !!
    DO you not worry that you are putting all your eggs into one basket (or perhaps all your milk into one churn)?

Or do you see that sticking to what you know is best?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

PaperTiger

No , I am not scared of putting a large proportion of my investment portfolio into dairy investments. I think the long term future is excellent and NZ is probably the best country in the world in which to own a dairy farm ... climate, soil types, people, technology ... its all here is spades!

I'll keep a few Coca Cola, Nestle, Roche, United Technologies, and JP Morgan shares to have a few divvies rolling in but more than happy to be 75%+ weighting to milk production and processing ( via SML )

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    DO you not worry that you are putting all your eggs into one basket (or perhaps all your milk into one churn)?

Or do you see that sticking to what you know is best?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Be careful you don't get milk on your whiskers, or do big cats prefer the whole cow.

According to scribblings on my calendar, the interim result should be out by the end of the week. Should be interesting, as will any commentary from the Company.

Let's start the party. Buyers come in.