sharetrader
Page 49 of 442 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

good to see the shareprice back up to $4 , long may it remain there. Now if SML clear the Chinese auditing process being undertaken and become a preferred NZ milk powder supplier the shareprice could really take off. Will be interesting also to see thursdays interim announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    good to see the shareprice back up to $4 , long may it remain there. Now if SML clear the Chinese auditing process being undertaken and become a preferred NZ milk powder supplier the shareprice could really take off. Will be interesting also to see thursdays interim announcement.
    With a major Chinese diary company being the major shareholder, I would be very surprised that Synlait will not become a preferred NZ milk powder supplier. In fact I don't think any would expect anything else so I doubt the price will take off after that becomes reality.

Quote Originally Posted by The BOWMAN View Post
    With a major Chinese diary company being the major shareholder, I would be very surprised that Synlait will not become a preferred NZ milk powder supplier. In fact I don't think any would expect anything else so I doubt the price will take off after that becomes reality.
    Bright Dairy is a stated owned Chinese firm. It is just the matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by The BOWMAN View Post
    I know it's nit-picking but, a diary company? Hope the "Year of the Cow" works out well for all concerned.

Default Party Over

Quote Originally Posted by 000831 View Post
    Let's start the party. Buyers come in.
    Party Over?

“This has resulted in the forecast FY2014 net profit after tax to be revised from a range of $30.0 to $35.0 million to a range of $25.0 to $30.0 million, but still ahead of the prospectus forecast of $19.8 million,” says Mr Milne.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Party Over?

“This has resulted in the forecast FY2014 net profit after tax to be revised from a range of $30.0 to $35.0 million to a range of $25.0 to $30.0 million, but still ahead of the prospectus forecast of $19.8 million,” says Mr Milne.
    I don't follow this stock very closely but I read the announcement this morning and checked the SP after work and it seems to me a 7% drop is a bit of an overreaction?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Airw0lf View Post
    I don't follow this stock very closely but I read the announcement this morning and checked the SP after work and it seems to me a 7% drop is a bit of an overreaction?
    The advice Synlait have been providing regarding the Chinese regulatory situation and the associated dip in customer demand over the last couple of months has been quite consistent. The SP run up from $3.60 over the last couple of weeks against this run of advice has been more the peculiarity.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    The advice Synlait have been providing regarding the Chinese regulatory situation and the associated dip in customer demand over the last couple of months has been quite consistent. The SP run up from $3.60 over the last couple of weeks against this run of advice has been more the peculiarity.
    Thanks MAC. By China reg situation you mean the whole "preferred supplier" issue? Given that SML has Chinese ownership isn't this risk low? That's what I thought may have explained the buying up in fact, get in before SML is officially locked in?

Banned

NZ Herald, 29th January 2014:

"Penno said the changes were causing "considerable disruption" to Synlait in the short-term - as some Chinese infant formula customers were holding back on orders while the new measures were rolled out - and the company may not achieve its forecast target of 10,000 metric tonnes of infant formula and nutritional sales this financial year."

"Penno said the regulatory changes were "largely sensible" and Synlait was confident they would help the company meet long-term targets through expected volume growth from key customers in the Chinese market."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11193307

Some may interpret 'short term' like me as six to twelve months, but I can understand how for traders six to twelve minutes can be a long time, comes from too many energy drinks and having never got a second cookie as a child.

It's not one for me due to the escrow overhang and capacity ceiling concerns but I would agree that if you are looking for an entry point it may be a good dip to buy at the right time, in a couple of months perhaps.

many regards, Mac

"capacity ceiling concerns"
    Plse clarify MAC.
    Excuse my ignorance
    BB